PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Film stash

DLAWNS
10-27-2009, 08:32 PM
I love opening a box that looks like this.

DLAWNS
10-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Here is my current stash with a link to a pic of my garage fridge....gotta represent! http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=294490

The only thing missing is my fluid film shirt (was in the wash)

LouisianaLawnboy
10-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Hate to tell this Bill, but ff is too expensive for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

DLAWNS
10-27-2009, 11:13 PM
I guess it can be a bit spendy, but I just think it's all worth it.

Dano50
10-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Those pictures are so beautiful they bring tears to my eyes. :)

As far as cost goes, you pretty much get what you pay for. Fluid Film may cost a bit more initially, but it lasts so much longer than the competition that you are actually saving money in the long run. :cool2:

DLAWNS
10-28-2009, 11:03 AM
My wife said it was scary that I took the time to line it all up like that for a picture...she just doesn't understand. lol

SKYNYRD
10-28-2009, 01:48 PM
My wife said it was scary that I took the time to line it all up like that for a picture...she just doesn't understand. lol

way to go soldierhttp://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/salute.gif

keep up the good work and pay no attention to the wife unless absolutely necessary:drinkup:

grandview (2006)
10-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Where are the FF stickers?

SKYNYRD
10-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Where are the FF stickers?

on the fridge in his garage along with stickers chestnut oaks prez made for his equipment:cool2:

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=165740&stc=1&d=1256687604

grandview (2006)
10-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Your fridge looks like a big smiley face!

DLAWNS
10-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Your fridge looks like a big smiley face!

:laugh: I'm sure in a couple of years that thing will be covered. I've only had it out there for like 8 months now and it's already got that much stuff on there!

JoyofFluidFilm
10-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Hey, are those Fluid Film shoes, too? :laugh:

JoyofFluidFilm
10-30-2009, 02:52 PM
if they are, you should put fluid film stickers on them...

DLAWNS
10-31-2009, 01:56 AM
Hey, are those Fluid Film shoes, too? :laugh:

Nahh, no fluid film shoes. Let me know when you guys make some though and I'll rock them along with my shirt and hat!

if they are, you should put fluid film stickers on them...

I need to find my extra stickers, because I need to replace the ones on my trailer. They got all faded out from the sun....might need some more, but I'll look first!

JoyofFluidFilm
11-10-2009, 04:16 PM
did you have the big stickers or the small ones?

DLAWNS
11-10-2009, 05:22 PM
did you have the big stickers or the small ones?

I think they're the big ones. Did they change because the ones that I have the word fluid film is horizontal and I've seen ones that are diagonal? Just wondering.

JoyofFluidFilm
11-11-2009, 02:01 PM
nope, they didnt change...theyre still the same special fluid film stickers...

CHRIS MELROSE
11-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Why does a feller need such a abundant supply?

SKYNYRD
11-11-2009, 03:55 PM

a good soldier like Dlawns knows he can never have too much ammunition in the battles against rust and corosionhttp://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/salute.gif

Dano50
11-11-2009, 04:27 PM

Something tells me we need to introduce you to the amazing World of Fluid Film. :)

DLAWNS
11-16-2009, 11:44 PM

When ya use it like I do, ya always need a big supply around. Fluid Film rules!

a good soldier like Dlawns knows he can never have too much ammunition in the battles against rust and corosionhttp://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/salute.gif

:weightlifter:Thumbs Up:usflag:

Something tells me we need to introduce you to the amazing World of Fluid Film. :)

Send him a sample Dano!!!

ropinghorns
11-17-2009, 07:28 AM
I have opened two spray cans that will not spray. what's up with that?

SKYNYRD
11-17-2009, 07:53 AM
I have opened two spray cans that will not spray. what's up with that?

i'd pm dano50 and ask him but here's my best guesses...

is the mixing marble moving? sometimes any aeresol can can have too much product in it causing it to not spray.

where the cans room temperature or cold? cold cans tend to not spray so well.

whatever it is dan should have better more precise answers:)

mruiz
11-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Bill you should be a rep for FF

Dano50
11-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Not sure about the can problems. PM sent.

DLAWNS
11-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Bill you should be a rep for FF

I take that as a compliment...haha. I love me some Fluid Film!:usflag:

timberbrook
11-18-2009, 01:47 AM
I take that as a compliment...haha. I love me some Fluid Film!:usflag:

Bill, I would rather see pics of your "not so rusty" equipment treated w/FF, than cans of your preventative measure, if in fact it really works. Nice pretty cans, there is no way a machine could rust with pretty cans like that. Come on.

ropinghorns
11-18-2009, 06:41 AM
Dano, Thanks for the reply. I love the FF and do not mean to run it down , but 2 of the cans in a case I bought came to me not working. Balls rattled when shaken and stored in my shop, [okla temps.]. One of me fave uses is to spray my leather work boots with it for water resistence.

DLAWNS
11-18-2009, 07:37 AM
Bill, I would rather see pics of your "not so rusty" equipment treated w/FF, than cans of your preventative measure, if in fact it really works. Nice pretty cans, there is no way a machine could rust with pretty cans like that. Come on.

I'm not really sure if that is a challenge or if you are joking...would ya mind clearing that up for me? And by the way, it works...I wouldn't buy it if it didn't!

mruiz
11-18-2009, 07:45 AM
I'm thinking your buying it for the hats and t-shirts jk lol...

SKYNYRD
11-18-2009, 08:20 AM

i'll help u out bill. here's pics from one of my threads. this is the underneath of the belt cover on my mower. it was coated with fluid film then at least 20 hours later these pictures were taken....

picture 1- at least 20 hours worth of dirt

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=158968&stc=1&d=1250643232

picture 2- all that dirt wiped completely off with a paper towel, no cleaner of any kind nor any elbow grease

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=158969&stc=1&d=1250643304

picture 3- applying a new coat of fluid film:weightlifter:

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=158973&stc=1&d=1250643399

a lil spray of fluid film sure keeps the rust away:cool2:

SKYNYRD
11-18-2009, 08:21 AM
I'm not really sure if that is a challenge or if you are joking...would ya mind clearing that up for me? And by the way, it works...I wouldn't buy it if it didn't!

same here, i didn't drop a buck 50 on a 5 gallon pail for nothing

mruiz
11-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Nice Job SKYNYRD!!!!

Dano50
11-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Nice pics and nice thread!

DLAWNS
11-18-2009, 08:10 PM
i'll help u out bill. here's pics from one of my threads. this is the underneath of the belt cover on my mower. it was coated with fluid film then at least 20 hours later these pictures were taken....

picture 1- at least 20 hours worth of dirt

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=158968&stc=1&d=1250643232

picture 2- all that dirt wiped completely off with a paper towel, no cleaner of any kind nor any elbow grease

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=158969&stc=1&d=1250643304

picture 3- applying a new coat of fluid film:weightlifter:

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=158973&stc=1&d=1250643399

a lil spray of fluid film sure keeps the rust away:cool2:

Thanks for the help. I've been so slammed lately, too much work, not enough helpers, rain, lets just say haven't been snapping lots of pics. I'll work on it though.

Nice pics and nice thread!

I'm working hard to move up in rank! :weightlifter::usflag:

DLAWNS
11-18-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm thinking your buying it for the hats and t-shirts jk lol...

Maybe:o haha No the shirts and hats are just a bonus!!!:)

SKYNYRD
11-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the help. I've been so slammed lately, too much work, not enough helpers, rain, lets just say haven't been snapping lots of pics. I'll work on it though.

I'm working hard to move up in rank! :weightlifter::usflag:

i gotta get ready to head into work, depending on how my night goes (stress wise and junk) dan and i should reach a decision tomorrow soldier:usflag:

SKYNYRD
11-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Maybe:o haha No the shirts and hats are just a bonus!!!:)

a sweet bonus at that!:cool2:

timberbrook
11-18-2009, 08:47 PM

Sorry if I came off like an A-hole. I just want to see pics of machines that have been treated with FF over the years. It seems like it would cost a bunch to treat a machine over its lifetime. I just want to see some equipment with some good commercial use that has had FF applied and how they look. Thanks.

SKYNYRD
11-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Sorry if I came off like an A-hole. I just want to see pics of machines that have been treated with FF over the years. It seems like it would cost a bunch to treat a machine over its lifetime. I just want to see some equipment with some good commercial use that has had FF applied and how they look. Thanks.

i will only speak for myself on this one since i just discovered ff last winter and didn't start buying it until this spring/summer but one of my most impressive ff moments is the receiver/ball on my truck. more than 2 or 3 months after i coated it in ff it's still making the water bead and roll off like nothing, my trailer ball doesn't have a spec of rust on it and is still slick as can be:weightlifter::weightlifter:

DLAWNS
11-18-2009, 09:05 PM

It's all good, I just get defensive about Fluid Film.....just kiddin:laugh: I'll try to throw up some pics of my Navigator deck....I've only had it for a year and a half but I hit it with fluid film now and again and it is spotless. I also sprayed it on my trailer where there was some surface rust from scratches and now it shines. A little disclaimer: wipe it in real good before you step on it or you will slip and smash your leg and almost take out your face on a blower rack....just saying.

timberbrook
11-18-2009, 09:48 PM
A little disclaimer: wipe it in real good before you step on it or you will slip and smash your leg and almost take out your face on a blower rack....just saying.

Thats funny, I hope that you only received minor leg injuries. I have a friend who put composite decking on his 14ft landscape trailer. After accumulated oil drips and gas spills you only need to add a little morning dew or a light rain to slide slide slippity slide. Workers slip all over, machines slip around, a disaster waiting to happen. He has wiped out several times himself.

I may have to break down and buy a can of FF. You guys seem pretty sold on it. Thanks.

DLAWNS
11-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Thats funny, I hope that you only received minor leg injuries. I have a friend who put composite decking on his 14ft landscape trailer. After accumulated oil drips and gas spills you only need to add a little morning dew or a light rain to slide slide slippity slide. Workers slip all over, machines slip around, a disaster waiting to happen. He has wiped out several times himself.

I may have to break down and buy a can of FF. You guys seem pretty sold on it. Thanks.

Yeah I'm fine, just a nice egg on the shin and a minor cut...no biggie. I ate it big time! lol.

Yeah try it out and let us know what ya think. I'll try to get those pics up soon.

SKYNYRD
11-19-2009, 11:17 AM

if u've never tried it and live in the continental usa send a pm to dano and he'll hook u up with a sample can:waving: