PDA

View Full Version : redmax ebz8000 keeps shorting spark plug

subs1000w
10-28-2009, 08:35 PM
this has happened several times now the blower starts and idles fine but you give it any gas and it just coughs/sputters, take the plug out and theres a small spec of "somthing" shorting out the plug remove the spec and it runs great again but for how long is random it happened twice today what could these specs be maybe carbon or hopfully not metal from the piston or cylinder let me know what you think

mdlwn1
10-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Not good....start using premium gas immediately. Same thing happened to me. It says so in the manual (so my dealer says) You may also find your exaust port with debris as well. Usually a sign you are cooking the motor.

pugs
10-29-2009, 12:33 AM
What spark plug are you using?

topsites
10-29-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm assuming the plug is gapped to .020?

Because if for instance the gap was too big, it might do that...

mowerknower
10-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Have you switch mix oil lately. I have seen this problem happen when people switch from stihl hp to ultra. The ultra has cleaning agents and will clean the carbon out of the engine. Just put up with it for a while, it will clean up eventually.

unkownfl
10-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Sounds like the head is melting the aluminum gets stuck in the plug causing no spark. Just a guess I would take the head off and check it out. This is caused by over heating or detonation.