PDA

View Full Version : more T3000 accounts for us

americanlawn
10-29-2009, 05:39 PM
We're currently applying our winterizer applications. What we are finding is -- many of these lawns can be easily done with (an additional) T3000. We already keep two of these T's busy everyday this year, but we're finding that many more lawns can be nicely treated with the T. Great spread pattern & weed control. Safer & more effective than any other.

So that's our plan. Add another T3000, and provide quality workmanship for our customers.

Our 2 cents. We tried 'em all. :usflag:

p.s. I had a company meeting to see who all wanted to 'pull a trailer'. :laugh::laugh:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Larry how small of turf areas can you use a machine like that?
Just curious....is it all comml work with those or do you do resi's as well.

grassman177
10-29-2009, 05:57 PM
what about those areas of turf that are only like 24-30 in wide, how do you spray that with your machines. thaniks

lawnsaver
10-29-2009, 06:15 PM
now if could only get the T to control the weather

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
10-29-2009, 10:41 PM
now if could only get the T to control the weather
:dizzy:
I'm sure Larry has a lie...oops, I mean, an unfortunate jumbling of the facts that he later has to give up & admit to being wrong, about the weather changing characteristics of the T3000:laugh:

Hey, when you're a pathalogical liar, it's hard to give it up:laugh::laugh:

SpreadNSpray
10-29-2009, 10:57 PM
We're currently applying our winterizer applications. What we are finding is -- many of these lawns can be easily done with (an additional) T3000. We already keep two of these T's busy everyday this year, but we're finding that many more lawns can be nicely treated with the T.

p.s. I had a company meeting to see who all wanted to 'pull a trailer'. :laugh::laugh:

Glad to hear the T3k is working out for you guys.

We do all lawns every day with the P.G. :) Very productive.

Hanau
10-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Well I'm sold on the T3K. I'll take 10.

ted putnam
10-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Glad to hear the T3k is working out for you guys.

We do all lawns every day with the P.G. :) Very productive.

I'm sure it is. Even more so with the cool upgrades you are constantly coming up with.:)

I'm sure the T3k is very productive too. Maybe not quite as productive as the used mattress salesman makes it out to be, but...Oh wait, the used mattress salesman is his neighbor.:laugh:

rcreech
10-29-2009, 11:59 PM
You have to give it to Larry...he never quits!

Turfco must be so proud of him! :)

ted putnam
10-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Larry how small of turf areas can you use a machine like that?
Just curious....is it all comml work with those or do you do resi's as well.

Practically all of the machines you hear about on here will do small residentials to large commercial properties. I would say the Z-max is probably the only one that is actually geared toward primarily large commercial work. All brands of machines are very productive and all will save you mountains of legwork, making you more money quicker with a lot of the physical strain taken off of you as the applicator. There are little things that you can do to make yourself even more productive. For instance, I carry a handspreader in my ride on hopper at all times. I use it around pools, ponds and strips or tight areas. It's much quicker and easier to be accurate with your app in areas like this. All of these machines do a great job and each of them has their own "Forte". It's unfortunate that certain folk have made it into some kind of pissing match. When the time comes, do your own research, weigh your needs/options and you'll make the right choice for you.

Grandview
10-30-2009, 10:25 AM
We're currently applying our winterizer applications. What we are finding is -- many of these lawns can be easily done with (an additional) T3000. We already keep two of these T's busy everyday this year, but we're finding that many more lawns can be nicely treated with the T. Great spread pattern & weed control. Safer & more effective than any other.

So that's our plan. Add another T3000, and provide quality workmanship for our customers.

Our 2 cents. We tried 'em all. :usflag:

p.s. I had a company meeting to see who all wanted to 'pull a trailer'.
:laugh::laugh:

Larry, What I have not figured out is why you do not have 10 T3000s. If they are as productive as you indicate I would think by now every applicator would be using a T.

americanlawn
10-30-2009, 07:00 PM
We haven't decided what we'll get for sure, but 3 of my guys are experienced on the T3000. But, the Z-Spray Intermediate would also fit our needs nicely. :usflag:

I'm out pushin' lawns everyday with the other guys right now, and I changed four more 9500 sq ft lawns to ride-on accounts today (wondering how many many more lawns can be added as ride-on accounts). The older I get, the less I like pushing instead of riding. When we're done for the season, we hope to drive by all lawns 6500 sq ft & larger to see if they can easily be treated with a ride-on, cuz right now we have enough ride-on accounts for 2 1/2 guys. Problem with using a ride-on for smaller lawns = a blower is often needed, so it will not save time, but will reduce fatigue.

I prefer to go with a ride-on that is well-built & dependable, so we're looking at a T or a Z. (We have too many bad experiences with PG units regarding spray probs & breakdowns).

Not to get into the issue of pulling a trailer, but our welder is currently making a 3rd carrier rack just in case, and my guys are already suggesting which pickup they should have for next year. :laugh:

Regarding 3 or 4 foot wide strips, we use the "on-the-fly" deflector shield, but we make sure to carry a blower. We also carry a Scotts hand-held spreader which holds up to four pounds of fert.

Bottom line, I personally trust T's & Z's. The rest -- not sure about. :confused:

CHARLES CUE
10-30-2009, 08:36 PM
What do you need a blower for around here i see were they they treat the cement to i can tell it works when i come back the driveway always looks fuller and thicker :rolleyes:
Charles Cue

americanlawn
11-01-2009, 05:28 PM
We usually charge double....once for fert & again for de-icing. :laugh:

What do you need a blower for around here i see were they they treat the cement to i can tell it works when i come back the driveway always looks fuller and thicker :rolleyes:
Charles Cue

grassman177
11-01-2009, 05:36 PM
de icing, nice. good one Larry. we use ride ons for every job, except the very count on hand few we have to use a push spreader. here comes the trigger, we can spray these with our all liquid rounds due to the splitting up of the boom into sections, you cant get that small of a strip with liquid with a T that i know of, or any other brand for that matter. i am talking about liquid on a 1-2 ft strip. this is huge for us. blowing does not concern us much, as i dont think any fert should be onthe drives and streets and deflector or not, some gets out there so we blow anyways.

americanlawn
11-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi DA, I figure we're 90% residential/10% commercial. But some residential accounts could be 8 acres. Smallest ride-on account so far was about 3000 s/f. I think our most similar competitor in our area would be Scotts Lawn Service. They have been running PermaGreen units with great success, but they now have eyes on "something else". I can't say now, but I'm happy for them. GO HAWKEYES :waving:

QUOTE=DA Quality Lawn & YS;3253789]Larry how small of turf areas can you use a machine like that?
Just curious....is it all comml work with those or do you do resi's as well.[/QUOTE]