PDA

View Full Version : Stihl FS 75 not priming

TurfConcepts,Inc
10-29-2009, 05:43 PM
I have a 2007 FS75 edger that will not prime. I've rebuild the carb, replaced the fuel lines and filter. I also replaced the primer bulb base. It did prime once right after I rebuilt the carb and ran like a champ but as soon as turned it off the primer bulb drained out. I tried to prime it again and nothing, it's dead. Any ideas on what else I can check?

Two Seasons
10-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Is your return line ok?

TurfConcepts,Inc
10-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Yes, I replaced that too.

topsites
10-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Try this...

Reverse the two fuel lines.

Ain't got nothing to lose but a few minutes, just reverse them at the carb, pull both off then re-insert in the reverse order.

It's possible they may have gotten hooked back up wrong when you replaced them,
not saying you would do that but it's also hard to tell once they're hooked up which is what...

And I can tell you if they're hooked up backwards your trimmer will run like crap lol

TurfConcepts,Inc
10-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Yeah, that's not it. It ran right after the carb rebuild then it lost its prime and won't reprime. I am thinking it might be the check valve in the carb. Is it new carb time? If so who has them the cheapest?

mowerknower
10-29-2009, 09:35 PM
yep sounds like its carb time. Probably looking at a 60 dollar carb.

superbee
10-30-2009, 05:56 AM
Exact thing happened to my Stihl. Had to replace the whole carb. Hope this helps.

jkilov
10-30-2009, 11:03 AM
I am thinking it might be the check valve in the carb. Is it new carb time?
On most carbs the purge check valve is located at the bulb base, clean it if you have'nt done so already. I'm not sure if the base assy. can be ordered as a separate part or not.

ed2hess
10-30-2009, 09:02 PM
On most carbs the purge check valve is located at the bulb base, clean it if you have'nt done so already. I'm not sure if the base assy. can be ordered as a separate part or not.
I don't know why that part can't be bought separately.....they don't fail often but do fail. And blowing air in the wrong hole can blow it out.