PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to spray now?

McEwans Lawn Service
10-29-2009, 07:09 PM
I am going to use trimec plus after I do two granular pre emergent and fertilizer applications this spring. I all so have some trimac that is not the plus for broad leaf, do I need to spray now on broad leaf plants to get a jump on spring or am I waisting my time?

mdlwn1
10-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Not sure i can completely answer your question. For starters..fall weed control is a perfectly acceptable alternative to spring weed control. The weeds you spray next year are already growing now. i would say that it requires a higher level of competence though to get it through and where it needs to be. Like using a sticker with Trimec. Aside from that....what you say your going to do makes me a bit nervous. When things are done right...they dont need to be done twice...weed control...pre's...spring ferts. Following a scotts type program is a REALLY bad idea. It will work...but yikes!

McEwans Lawn Service
10-29-2009, 07:36 PM
This is my first year doing anything like this. I have been mowing for 8 years and trying to add to the business. It is a rural area and am really trying to sell a 12 month contract. I have allot of interest in it but I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row first. I have only got advice from one that does it KC. I want my yards to look better than anyone else so any advice would be great. I can get anything I need just not sure trimac is all I know about now. What is your schedule for the year sounds like it might it more affordable for my customer.