PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys have a website?

MJK
10-30-2009, 02:13 PM
I was thinking of making a website this off season, but I'm not sure how much it can benefit your company. How do you guys market your website and are the returns worth it?

DVS Hardscaper
10-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Being we're professionals operating in the year of 2009, of course we have a website.

MJK
10-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Well could you please expand on your website? How do you market your website and are the returns worth it?

Isobel
10-30-2009, 07:16 PM
We definitely have a website, most of our clients contact us through the website or via email. The website allows us to show off our work, who we are, our experience. Its like having a brochure at hand all the time.

We market our website on a number of online sites: google, yahoo, and a number of "search for contractor" type sites. Definitely helps.

4Russl5
10-30-2009, 10:10 PM
We have a website. We update it every winter. We refer all our prospective clients to it first to make sure we are a good fit for them. The investment is worth it for every client we get. It is also an educational tool for the potential client in helping understand our services. It is cheaper than a phone book ad for the year, more in depth, and most importantly weeds out 'tire kickers' fairly well.

Why don't you have one?

shovelracer
10-31-2009, 01:38 PM
yes we have a website, it definitely draws in work, but it seems to come and go in waves, but all calls always have.

The one thing I find frustrating about it and email is the occasional price shoppers. The kind that send emails to every contractor they find in the area wanting to know a price site unseen. It also opens you up to the occasional A-hole venting through his keyboard instead of being a man and picking up the phone.

zedosix
10-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Its a must in our profession. Now if you don't have any nice shots of your work and have nothing to show, it can be a challenge. A well designed website speaks volumes about you and your company.