View Full Version : application license??? help!

10-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Hello everyone,I'm new to the site. I am wanting to get in the business and was needing a shove in the right direction as far as getting licensed goes. Not sure where to start or go,or who to talk to. I live in Mississippi so I guess i need a MS license and can I work in Tn with a MS license? Any help is much appreciated.

10-30-2009, 05:08 PM
I live in Alabama so this website is a good resource. A lot of study and preperation material for the exam.


10-31-2009, 12:23 PM
You need to call your local extension office or department of ag. Or try a large fert supplier, they may have your state's phone number.

ICT Bill
10-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Here is the information I have, it is about a year old so some of the names may have changed but the contact information should be good. You will find that these guys are VERY helpful. They want to get you off on the right foot and compliant with the state laws.

Once you are licensed they can be a bit of a pain
*Harry Ballard Phone: 662 325-6629
Branch Director FAX 662 325-0397
Feed, Fertilizer & Lime Programs
Bureau of Plant Industry
PO Box 5207 E-Mail: harryb@mdac.state.ms.us
MS Dept. of Ag. & Commerce
Mississippi State, MS 39762

Kevin Armburst Phone: 662 325-3324
State Chemist FAX 662 325-7807
Box CR E-Mail: armbrust@ra.msstate.edu
MS State Chemical Lab
Mississippi State, MS 39762

Mike Tagert Phone: 662 325-3390
Director FAX 662 325-8397
Bureau of Plant Industry
PO Box 5207 E-Mail: miket@mdac.state.ms.us
MS Dept. of Ag. & Commerce
Mississippi State, MS 39262

11-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks alot for that info. Much appreciated.