PDA

View Full Version : Ride on Applicator..

BCFLawnLandscape
10-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Was down at the Expo today and checked out MANY ride on sprayer/granual fert. machines... What is the best one to buy for the money? Seen many that were impressive, but also many that were EXPENSIVE! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

a plus bob
10-31-2009, 11:22 AM
Z-SPRAY

Intermediate with aux tank cant go wrong with this set up !

grassman177
10-31-2009, 11:36 PM
cant go wrong with any zspray as you can customize it completely for your needs. they "interview" you when ordering if you will so you can get the one you want. i think many of the machines are nice, but that the z outshines all on quailty and production and well heck, just flexibility overall of running many different tanks with different chems etc, that has made jsut as much impact on our production as being on a RIDE ON. But, besides my bias and obvious choice, the other machines have made strides in making them more flexible and durable.

Joshuakwhit
11-01-2009, 07:19 AM
I thought the new Triumph was impressive.

grassman177
11-01-2009, 08:37 AM
it looks better than all the other PG s they have made

rcreech
11-01-2009, 12:01 PM
I am in Trenton pretty often. I am over here close to Eaton.

Buy what best suits your needs, business and wallet.

This is my opinion...but I wouldn't own anything but a PG, T or Z.

I personally own a Z and I think it is by far the best machine on the market from about every point....but it isn't perfect, just very close!

grassman177
11-01-2009, 04:39 PM
this raises a ? about ride ons. what aobut ground logic, when compared to the pg i think it is a better made machine. at least compared to the pg magnum and cetri, not the new pg

a plus bob
11-01-2009, 05:12 PM
ground logic at GIE

rcreech
11-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I wouldn't say that the "PG Wanta be's" are not good, as good or better then the PG...but I would never recommend one since I have never ran one and there are very few out here in the real world.

The prices I was hearing at the GIE for the "off brands"...I would highly recommend just to get a Z.

Why pay $7800 for a machine that is just a "PG on steriods" and hasn't proven itself?

JMO!

Heidi J.
11-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Was down at the Expo today and checked out MANY ride on sprayer/granual fert. machines... What is the best one to buy for the money? Seen many that were impressive, but also many that were EXPENSIVE! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The price is not really that bad, because the machines pay for themselves. We have 3 Z's and we couldn't live with out them. Just make sure your lawns are big enough to accommodate one. I wouldn't go out and buy one if you are just starting out, but if you have the sq. ft. it will be the best investment. The machines will do 2-3 times the amout of sq. ft. per day then a push spreader.

We looked at the T this year before purchasing another ride on.. Ended up with another Z :laugh:
Good Luck!
:waving:

grassman177
11-01-2009, 10:37 PM
i understand ya creech. just pointing that out. i know when pgs came out i thought those were the caddilac and they were. i wanted one so bad but we were not big enough, after time and many more accounts and more machines on the market we went withthe zsprays. now, i look at any pg and it looks like a joke, but the new one is much better . wiht that in mind, if i had to choose betwen the ground logic and a pg older style i would go withthe logic. that is what i was going for

ted putnam
11-01-2009, 11:31 PM
I looked at the ground Logic pretty seriously before buying my Z. It just looked to be a better design than the PG. I couldn't get enough of my questions answered on it though.( I'm sure I could if I could make it to the GIE) The articulating joint steering of both units is a good design and works well in many situations. It came down to the T vs Z and I struggled with it for awhile. (Rod knows).There were a lot of factors that I weighed back and forth and it wasn't an easy decision...

rcreech
11-02-2009, 06:21 AM
I looked at the ground Logic pretty seriously before buying my Z. It just looked to be a better design than the PG. I couldn't get enough of my questions answered on it though.( I'm sure I could if I could make it to the GIE) The articulating joint steering of both units is a good design and works well in many situations. It came down to the T vs Z and I struggled with it for awhile. (Rod knows).There were a lot of factors that I weighed back and forth and it wasn't an easy decision...

Ted and I went through the same decision making process!

I was always weighing the T vs Z thing also at one time!

It ended up coming down to capacity, durability, and history for me.

I just couldn't spend that much for a machine that hadn't yet proven itself and the capacity wasn't much better then the PG!

The Z was the answer for me...and I know I ended up making the best decison for my business!