PDA

View Full Version : Tall trees

TexasFire221
10-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Where is a good place to get a tall tree. I know that HBL has one but it's aweful expensive.
Posted via Mobile Device

hotrod1965
10-31-2009, 11:43 PM
A good tall tree is going to be expensive. The GKI trees are just as expensive.

turf hokie
11-01-2009, 09:32 AM
How tall?

Hotrod is right, they are not cheap, no matter the source.

Correction, they are not inexpensive no matter the source, they can be cheap however.

David Gretzmier
11-01-2009, 10:09 AM
When you sell an artificial tree, yes, be prepared to pay a lot, and yes, HBL's is expensive wholesale and eyepopping expensive when you price it to a customer. I have tried to sell thier trees unsuccessfully for 3 years. I have not even sold one to multiple millionaires. It is the best tree out there, but no one will buy it. other trees out there from balsam hill, Bethlehem/gki are very high as well. Also bear in mind when you sell a tree to someone they will expect you to be able to repair it when a strand goes out on it this year, next year and so forth. many trees with the always lit or the light sets that do not go out when a bulb is broken, pulled out or burns out fail far less often, but are not repairable with the light testing unit. those light sets fail when a wire is pulled out of the socket.

If I ever sell one, I would lean towards a light set I can always repair. Take this advice with a grain of salt, because, of course, I have no experience with them.

TexasFire221
11-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Super tall. She was interested in the 20 tower tree that HBL has. List was $9,900 last season havent checked this year. This is a once in a lifetime customer I think. Im not having trouble selling her the other trees, she bought two from me yesterday plus 40 LED Light Links, 5 wreaths, and so on and so on. She wants a super tall tree that I could put in the center of her property.

turf hokie
11-01-2009, 02:09 PM
We do an 18 footer. It is big but we dont even use a bucket. They go up to 60 feet artificial. An 18 footer is pretty easy to put up once you have done it. First time we did it was about 5 hours, next year we had it up in 2. (3 men including ornaments)

We had a couple of strands go out and just restrung those branches. Pretty easy to do since the branches are so big.

I assume at the price point you are in your a talking about an LED which is what I would recommend. Ours is not only because they were not available in LED when we bought it. We need two 20 AMP circuits for ours. That tree will be good for a long time with the LED's.

Let us know how you make out, because, yes, those customers dont come along very often.