PDA

View Full Version : Gravely Questions

Matt'slawncare
05-12-2002, 09:27 PM
Yes i have a pm260z with a 60'' mower deck. And when ever i mow a yard that is pretty rough it scalps the grass alot so i have to keep moving the deck up and down. So i was just wondering if there was anyway i could stop this. Like moving the wheels on the deck or something? I also have another question it said in the manuel not to wash the mower cuz water will get in the spindels, but my mower gets dirty and i like in looking nice so i was wondering if i could wash it and try not to spray it on the spindles? But i need to give you guys credit that this machine is awesome. Thanks for your help.

The Gladiator
05-13-2002, 01:24 PM
Matt,

With regard to your scalping problems, Not all yards are exempt from scalping problems and you may never keep from scalping until the yard is relandscaped to eliminate those high spots.
I'm not sure at what cutting height your at but, I would suggest moving your anti-scalp rollers to the bottom holes. That should solve most of the problem if not all.

With regard to keeping your unit clean, I would rinse not spray the unit with water avoiding the spindles at all costs. Most of the problems come from pressure washing and forcing water into areas that would normally not see any water if you just rinsed.

I hope his has answered your questions.

Regards,
Dan Kilgas