PDA

View Full Version : Remote grease

crawford_d
11-02-2009, 11:27 AM
I need to make it easier to grease some remote locations on equipment so they DO get greased. What is the most cost effective way to do that? Can nylon truck air line be used? What pressures are required? I would like to know the best, cheapest, and logical way to do this. Thanks!

B&A lawn care
11-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Even a hand grease gun can develop a couple thousand pounds of pressure. The cheapest route I am aware of is 3/16 or 1/4 steel brake line available at any auto parts place. The fittings will still add up if you need many. Almost all of your grease fittings will be either 1/8" pipe thread or 1/4-28. A few will be drive fittings and for those you must drill/tap. For places that demand some flex I use the hoses sold to put on the grease gun itself. Plastic line can work if the bearings take grease easily and the man on the gun has some wits about him. Bad thing is if the line blows somewhere that cant be seen you pump grease but it never reaches the intended area.

Breezmister
11-02-2009, 10:33 PM
I need to make it easier to grease some remote locations on equipment so they DO get greased.

I have in the past use the brake line idea for bearings that could not be reached easily or on equipment that could not be taken out of service on a regular basis.

Here is a link to Lincoln, if you want some ideas, just type in "Remote" for their search box. Maybe you can put something together if you can't/don't want to use the brake line idea

http://www.lincolnindustrial.com/asp/products/products.asp

ed2hess
11-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Extension devices for zerts have been around for years....common on all big equipment that does have stuff that is really hidden. Go to JD and ask them.