PDA

View Full Version : Where are your leads coming from these days?

seolatlanta
11-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Just wondering where your phone calls and leads were coming from lately?

I have been getting calls from old customers for service but not much else. What about you guys? Web site , yellow pages , referrals , ???

The forum has been dead lately , so just trying to start something creative.

Lite4
11-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Mostly all direct marketing and generating customer referalls.

Pro-Scapes
11-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Just wondering where your phone calls and leads were coming from lately?

I have been getting calls from old customers for service but not much else. What about you guys? Web site , yellow pages , referrals , ???

The forum has been dead lately , so just trying to start something creative.

Add ons and service work. Important to stay in contact with your clients.

How many times have you asked a client who did such and such or the pevious system and they cant even rememeber. DONT be the contractor your client cant rememeber.

RLI Electric
11-03-2009, 07:10 AM
I am going to try to use Constant Contact. I work with an interior designer who suggested it. She is doing a weekly newletter and sending it out through constant contact. I can't imagine having to do an article a week so I will be a little less stringent in my broadcasting. If anyone has articles on landscape lighting that you know of where you use it for your marketing material, please let us know. This may be something some of the lighting manufacturers are willing to let us use as we are the front line toward the client who will benefit from the investment in their product. Becoming a professional writer is not a desire I have at this time.

seolatlanta
11-03-2009, 09:11 AM
The past few months I have been getting at least $5k per month in service calls , annual contracts , and add ons. I ordered a couple of those dimmers from Gerry and have already sold one as an upgrade.

If it werent for my past clients , it would be - "Would you like fries with that?"

Not that theres anything wrong with that. LOL

Pro-Scapes
11-03-2009, 01:45 PM
There is a risk of becoming annoying if you mail clients too much. There is definatly a line between being helpful and letting them know your there vs becoming spam in thier email.

A few companies we have done business with either for travel or purchasing goods email us darn near daily. Its annoying.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-03-2009, 11:11 PM
New installations are pretty much wrapping up for this year here. As in the past well over 90% of our new installations in 2009 were referrals from clients, builders, contractors.

Service work and additions were up this year over past years, while overall sales were in line with steady growth year after year. On a graph 2008 stands out, but along a trend line 2009 will be where it should be in relation to 2007.

Next years focus will be on increased profitabilty and diversification rather than on increased volume as I suspect that new installations are going to be flat when compared year over year. Then again, who knows?! I thought that 2009 was going to be a killer and we came through pretty well.

Lite4
11-04-2009, 11:16 AM
We are currently moving into the Christmas lighting stage but we still have some small to large lighting installations that will book for November into December. We are putting together some attractive, basic lighting packages with very reasonable price tags to entice folks to book some jobs from Dec. 15 - Nov. 30th. These offers are printed up on a nice looking sheet that the technicians from our Electrical, HVAC and plumbing divisions are leaving behind after they complete service work with their clients. We are paying the technicians a 100 dollar compensation if their leave behind sheet or their direct referral for landscape lighting leads to a package sale.

Mike M
11-16-2009, 01:50 AM
In general, weekends are slow on this forum.

James, you still have unfrozen ground in November? I have a snowmobile being delivered this week.

RLI Electric
11-16-2009, 06:30 AM
With the LED's in cold climates. Any ideas for the snow pack and the fact that the LED's don't get warm enough to melt the snow? Mike M do you teach lighting in Alaska?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-16-2009, 01:29 PM
In general, weekends are slow on this forum.

James, you still have unfrozen ground in November? I have a snowmobile being delivered this week.

Ground does not get frozen here until it gets ccccold! We are having September temperatures in November now. Wish I could sign up some more work to be honest with you, but mostly everyone has gone away for the season.

With the LED's in cold climates. Any ideas for the snow pack and the fact that the LED's don't get warm enough to melt the snow? Mike M do you teach lighting in Alaska?

LED lamps do create heat, certainly enough to melt snowfall in most climates as it accumulates. My line of LED MR16 lamps ( www.ledlightsdirect.com ) operate at about 42 Degrees Celsius inside sealed fixtures. This is enough heat to melt most snowfall as it accumulates. In very heavy snow conditions the fixtures do get covered but over the course of a couple of nights operation, they melt away and continue doing their job.

Even with halogen lamps the fixtures will get completely covered in high snow load areas. It is not uncommon for us to dig out fixtures here after significant snowfall, no matter what lamps are installed.

RLI Electric
11-16-2009, 06:13 PM
James, thats good to know. I installed Kichler LED's on a job and I was concerned that they would not be able to melt the snow. We will see this winter.

Mike M
11-16-2009, 08:35 PM
I fell back on my teaching career for a while. I may place a postcard out there for summer installations. We'll see.