PDA

View Full Version : Started today

turf hokie
11-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Thought I would share the first branch wrap of the season. It's not the greatest phone pic and does not do the job justice. I will get better pics later.

5,000 LED lights in a 15' dwarf japanese maple.

Started today, warm up at my house will be finished tomorrow. And then I just have to set it up to the music.

We start the real work on Wednesday. Feels good to get started and had several people stop to look and handed out a few brochures to them.

Good luck all, the bell is rung and the season has started.

PS We will have our Halloween display video up by weeks end.....should be good.

addictedtolandscaping
11-03-2009, 06:25 AM
Bryan that looks really nice. I got your email, thank you, gonna give you a call either today or tomorrow. Good luck!!

David Gretzmier
11-03-2009, 08:25 AM
5000 led's. awesome ! It sounds like this is at your house. I am betting it looks great there in person. Try a tri-pod on your night time photo's.

Thinking of that number of lights on a tree makes me think how much I would charge for it. I am currently 30 bucks per 100 on incandescant mini-lights, so I would need to be in the 40 buck range for led's ( 1st year cost) That would be 2000 bucks for your tree. perhaps my pricing does indeed seem insane to the customer, but Looking at the time it takes on tightwraps we currently do, and the cost of lights, labor, cord and timers, and the profit you have left over, I can't seem to get away from the numbers, and so I do very few trees.

It basically comes down to this- If I can make x dollars per hour profit doing c-9's, garland, etc, then I need to be in that x range for doing mini-lights.

I am wondering what you would charge for your tree, and how long it took to do it, and do the numbers make sense to you.

turf hokie
11-03-2009, 01:38 PM
I am with you David, most people would not be willing to pay for this type of tree to be branch wrapped.

It took 3 trained guys about 3 hours to do it. Which is really fast, last year it took 2 guys 8 hours to do the same tree.

I actually would be more than you for the tree on a rental basis. We used 100 strands of 50 so you can do the math on material and labor. There are not 100's in LED only 50's so I know guys around here that are set up like you and they would be in the 4k range for this tree. Going rate for LED seem to be in the $40-45 range per 50 strand, some are more.

I will get a picture of the whole house up soon. The crew just left and it is ready to be plugged in as a static display. Now it is my turn to set it up so that it runs to music. That generally takes me about 8 hours and a couple thousand feet of cord.

But all told we put up over 14000 minis, about 200 feet of c-9 roof, 180 feet of garland, waiting on the blizzard snowflakes to come in, a few lawn decorations, 10 - 30" wreaths

hotrod1965
11-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I never really get asked for branch wrapping either. We do a couple smaller trees that only take 6-8 sets, but that's it.

David Gretzmier
11-04-2009, 11:46 PM
I call branch wrapping "tight wrap", but whatever you call it it is what Christmas Decor tends to be known for. Their trees typcially are beautiful. And fairly expensive. but then I thought 30 bucks per 100 mini's was expensive. 40-45 bucks for 50 mini-led's ? 4000 dollar trees? I cannot even imagine. I do few tight wraps and love the way they look, but timewise it is not my cup of tea.

DUSTYCEDAR
11-04-2009, 11:50 PM
looks great ............