PDA

View Full Version : Failed the CA DPR test AGAIN!!! Help?

MowinginEureka
11-03-2009, 09:36 PM
So. I have so far studied a minimum of 28 hours studying for this stinking test. Plus, I have attended a specialized class for this test from the company that does the education seminars to upkeep your license qualifications... that was 8 hours long. I have a study guide from the CA DPR, I also have a study guide from P.A.P.A (the seminar company)... I have read the CA DPR guide once all the way through and reviewed it once, I have read the other study guide five times all the way through and reviewed it 3 times. The other study guide is much easier to understand... My problem seems to be that when I take the test the questions have multiple correct answers, just one is more right than the others. ( I even memorized a couple of the confusing questions and still could not find a straightforward answer in the study guides) That and the darn questions are phrased so confusingly. I'm usually a great test taker...this is one of the few I have ever failed. First time, I got a 68% on the laws and regulations and this time, I do not know yet what I scored. I also took right of way (78%) and landscape maintenance (84%), I passed those the first time. (you can see online if you passed or failed, but not the score...that gets mailed to you) I think I just made more of a rant than anything...Sorry! Anyone else have these problems with this test?

foreplease
11-04-2009, 08:57 PM
I am not familiar with the CA test. Sounds like you are doing the (study) work. If you are sure you want to do this kind of work keep working at it. What kind of experience do you have? The reason I ask is I see a lot of posts under mechanical areas, which I am in no way criticizing, and wonder if you have done fertilizer and pesitcide work under anyone else.

Keep at it. You'll get there.

MowinginEureka
11-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I have no prior experience whatsoever in spraying...at all. Unfortunately, I never did it under anyone else and now that I am in business for myself, I cannot apply it without a license... Ugh.