PDA

View Full Version : Stolen in Stratford CT

sarahd
11-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Last night sometime my enclosed trailer was broken into. Yes it was locked but they pryed open the bottom of the side door and took all of the small equipment. 4 Shindaiwa EB600 backpacks, 2 stihl chainsaws, 3 stihl polesaws, 1 kawasaki weedwacker, and 2 kawasaki hedge trimmers, along with the attachment for the polesaws. I figure about $5000 to replace the door and everything they took. So if you see any character trying to sell this give me a call 203 414 1996. I never would have thought about prying up that side door to get in. I can't believe people.....

Kartanimal29
11-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Keep an eye on Craigslist.

soloscaperman
11-04-2009, 11:39 PM
I checked and only came up with this.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/tls/1451221468.html

This is odd since raven user had his same blower stolen as yours and his trimmers. Has to be the same people. I live close by but I put my small stuff downstairs and anyone that comes and tries to steal my stuff I bury them in my girlfriends woods.

sarahd
11-05-2009, 07:50 AM
I've been checking all the craiglist areas in CT, and in NY in hopes someone might found. I have my doubts though, I think whoever did it is just going to sell it on the streets. Unfortunately, we rent the piece of property and split it with another company, and they had a bunch of people moving boxes around the night before, and that night our stuff comes up missing, it just seems like a coincidence to me, and the owner of the company says she just picks them up in Stamford when she needs there help. But we have no proof. We just want to get our stuff back. I'm just trying to spread the word on the streets, and web.

rotti1968
11-29-2009, 11:51 PM
I dont know about the other equipment , but if you contact stihl with your info they will flag the units serial #'s that they are stolen and if by chance anyone tries to get warranty work etc. it will come up.

supercuts
11-30-2009, 08:35 AM
if your legit you SHOULD have insurance, and it doesnt cost much to add $10k in equiptment theft to your plan