PDA

View Full Version : invoice programs

bulldogg
11-04-2009, 02:37 PM
I am curious as to what programs you guys are using to invoice and write estimates with. Are there any lawn care specific programs that are good and worth the money?

thanks

SangerLawn
11-04-2009, 05:06 PM
We have tried several including some that use to advertise on this site. We didn’t like any of them. Some had some pretty neat features but over all they were not worth the money.

We have been using quikbooks for nearly 2 years. Well worth the money. It makes great invoices, keeps up with all receipts, customers, employees, job times, ect. At any point you can look at graphs to see your income verse expense. I would recommend this program to anyone.

grass_cuttin_fool
11-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I am curious as to what programs you guys are using to invoice and write estimates with. Are there any lawn care specific programs that are good and worth the money?

thanks

Sending you aa pm

g21
11-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Save yourself a lot of time and aggravation. Buy Quickbooks Pro. Invoicing is just one small task in running your business from the administrative side. You will need QuickBooks to generate profit and loss statements, budgeting, receivables and payable statements, etc. It will all seem overwhelming at first...but take your time. This is the most important side of your business!

Tommy

CapitalLawnGroup
11-05-2009, 07:46 PM
quickbooks pro 09 is great. It has everything you could possibly need, if you don't have it BUY IT. Also makes tax time a breeze

americanlawn
11-05-2009, 08:06 PM
I agree - most lawn/tree programs I have demo'd are expensive & time consuming. Too many steps to take plugging in info.

Here's what I want: "printed invoices" and a "map" for about 25 stops per day per man.

I have Quick Books Pro 2009, but have not installed it yet (cuz we use Peach Tree for accounting).

Question: Can I buy Map Quest and combine it with Quick Books? I would have all customer records on a separate computer from our Peach Tree thing that my wife uses to do the books.

Bottom line, will Quick Books & Map Quest do the job for my guys on a daily basis?

Thanks, Larry

We have tried several including some that use to advertise on this site. We didnít like any of them. Some had some pretty neat features but over all they were not worth the money.

We have been using quikbooks for nearly 2 years. Well worth the money. It makes great invoices, keeps up with all receipts, customers, employees, job times, ect. At any point you can look at graphs to see your income verse expense. I would recommend this program to anyone.

Roger
11-05-2009, 08:49 PM
What g21 said, ... Very good advice.

americanlawn
11-05-2009, 09:35 PM
So will Quickbooks & Mapquest do what we need? rscvp, thanks

CapitalLawnGroup
11-05-2009, 10:48 PM
I don't know anyway to link the two together, but I don't know why you would need to. You have the address, just google and print

hackitdown
11-06-2009, 04:48 PM

thanks

Quickbooks Pro. I do 45 to 50 invoices per month, so it still takes a couple of hours. I buy the window envelopes, the customer's address shows through the window, so no address lables to deal with. Or I email invoices directly from Quickbooks.

When I get customer checks, I just log them in. It is a big help with tracking receivables. You can print out statements that show the customer invoices and payment history if they miss a payment.

bulldogg
11-08-2009, 04:58 PM
i have ran across times when servicing a customer and had a neighbor come up and want something, usually a quick cut and when i am done they want a receipt. i had been using just a plain receipt book from office max, but it has a lot to be desired. so i was going to buy a mini laptop and a small printer and set it all up in my truck. then i could do the proper invoice. but i want to be able to merge the laptop to my office computer, will quickbooks allow that? if any one knows

nnj18
11-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I have QuickBooks pro contractor edition. Its VERY complicated and can be a real PITA but it is a GREAT TOOL.
Posted via Mobile Device

nboeger4
11-09-2009, 11:22 AM
why not quikbooks simple start? the pro just has a few things simple start doesnt have and most of those tools we dont need as landscapers.

PestPro
11-22-2009, 03:58 PM
yes. you should ....just make a backup of the file. Install QB on the laptop, then restore the backup file to the laptop.

PestPro
11-22-2009, 04:01 PM
QB...has a mapping program build into it...once you have a customer entered into QB, they you can click MAP within QB and it will give you directions