PDA

View Full Version : Pricing and Selling Discussion

bamaturfguy
11-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Hello all, interested in getting the seasoned veteran's thoughts on how you guys sell your service. In other words, do you a price for each account based on individual applications or do you try to sell them a contract with a "Monthly" rate and provide x amounts of stops each year? I know each visit can range well over $100, but I was wanting to push more of a monthly paid program to where I make 6-10 stops a year and spread the payments over 12 months. This would be better for people on fixed income or people who would rather pay $30-$50 monthly instead of $70 here, $125 there, etc.

I hope this makes sense but would like to get your thoughts and ideas based on experience. Thanks in advance. :waving:

lawnangel1
11-04-2009, 03:36 PM
You need to price your apps the way you want it, and design and layout your program the way you want it. What your simply asking is a billing question and I give my customers both options, pay as you go, or I can add up the total cost for the year and divide it into 12 even payments. However the less treatments you do the more likely they will pay as they go. However if your doing 8 plus apps a year they might be more likely to sign up for year round billing. Keep this in mind as you design your program if you want year round billing.

bamaturfguy
11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
thanks lawnangel

greendoctor
11-06-2009, 02:55 AM
Some of the things I will need to do to a lawn can be very expensive if I billed someone for an individual application. I prefer to take the average of 12 months of lawn care and bill monthly. Do not know of many people who would happily pay for a broadcast application of Image or worse still one application of Insignia followed by Eagle EW on a 10,000 sq ft lawn. If I charged these same people a cheap rate to fert and squirt, but told them treatment for diseases or sedges would cost them extra. Picture me being given concrete shoes to wear to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean or being dropped into a live volcano.