PDA

View Full Version : Exmark cutting heights?

OhioGW
05-13-2002, 11:08 AM
I purchased an Exmark Metro 48" on Friday. Had it delivered on Saturday and mowed my 2/3 of an acre in 35 minutes :D as opposed to 2 hrs. 15 mins. with my old 19" push mower. Obviously, I am extremely pleased with the time reduction and the quality and consistency of cut is awesome.

Question. The cutting height adjustment has 4 spacers that can be changed to adjust height. The mower was delivered with the setting in the middle position. Does anyone know what approximate cutting height that corresponds to? Is there a guide that gives heights for each setting? If it's in the owners manual, please forgive me. I won't get a chance to look there until tonight.

1MajorTom
05-13-2002, 11:28 AM
Without knowing how the blade spacers are positioned, or what setting the rear axle is at, your question can not be answered.

There are 3 places that will enable you to change your cutting height.
The front casters, blade spacers on the spindle shaft, and the rear axle.
Remember when changing cutting height, you want to keep the deck pitch at the proper angle. For example, don't set the rear axle all the way up in the high position, and set the front casters at the lowest position.
Also, the Metro calls for 4 spacers above the blade, not on top of the spindle. This allows for the best possible cut. Your owners manual will give you all the details.

Matt

mike48114
05-18-2002, 05:31 PM
Ya guy... Its in your manual... I promise
:blob3: