PDA

View Full Version : GIE+EXPO Demo MAG-9000 available

Magna-Matic
11-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi All,

If anyone is intersted in a discount, we have one demo unit available at our online store. This unit was only used for 3 days at the GIE+EXPO.

http://www.magna-matic-direct.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MAG%2D9000%5FDEMO

wright5223
11-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Any 8000's around? I demo one and loved it, They said to check back after the show!

Magna-Matic
11-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Hello,

We had (2) MAG-8000 units after the show, but they went very quickly.

http://www.magna-matic-direct.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MAG%2D8000%5FDEMO

If you click on this link - you can click on the EMAIL TO BE NOTIFIED for when a demo unit becomes available - we'll send you an email as soon as on is in.

mtchockey30
03-21-2010, 07:21 PM
How much are they used during the show? Do you put a new wheel on it or keep the same one on it?

Magna-Matic
03-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Hello

It varies from year to year what the show discounts will be, and its different for demo units sold in out of the booth that were used at the show. The wheels have little wear after a weekend of demonstrations, but the additional or extra wheel is negotiable at the show.

I'm sorry I don't have a more specific answer, we keep the show discounts to reward people for coming to the show and visiting us, and as I mentioned it varies from year to year.

mtchockey30
03-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Hello

It varies from year to year what the show discounts will be, and its different for demo units sold in out of the booth that were used at the show. The wheels have little wear after a weekend of demonstrations, but the additional or extra wheel is negotiable at the show.

I'm sorry I don't have a more specific answer, we keep the show discounts to reward people for coming to the show and visiting us, and as I mentioned it varies from year to year.

I have a question about the sharpeners, what direction does the stone turn when sharpening the blade? I was told it was different then most of the other blade sharpeners.

Magna-Matic
03-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Hello,

When you are looking at the face of the wheel, our grinding wheel turns clockwise. If you look at my avatar, or the banner above during the grinding pictures where sparks are coming off you can see that the sparks come up off the blade edge and shoot into the grit guards. This is done so there is no chance for the wheel to pinch the blade. It is specified that industrial grinders must push a work piece away not suck it in, in the case that the operator lets go of the work piece.

All of our competitors have dual direction motors, they do this so they can sharpen both right and left-handed lawn mower blades. This is unsafe because if the operator didn't pay attention to which way they turned the machine on, they could pinch the blade between the worktable and grinding wheel.

The reason sometimes that people think that our wheel is turning a different direction than our competitors is because they are using the competitors machine incorrectly. Doing a right-handed blade on our competitors machine should also be rotating clockwise, however because they do not include safety guards, the sparks shoot up at the ceiling without those additional guards. So people will put the wheel direction so it sharpens downward pinching the blade against the worktable (THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS). But they will do this because then the sparks go downward under the worktable.

Magna-Matic using ONLY single direction motors, as specified by ANSI and OSHA (safety organizations) to meet industrial safety standards. Please keep in mind that the lawn care industry is not considered "industrial" so our competitors do not have to abide by these standards. This is why they can offer the grit guards (safety guarding) as OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT, and use dual direction motors, basic nuts to hold the grinding wheels on, rather than approved ARBORS. Magna-Matic designs all products to industrial safety standards, for YOUR benefit.

If you compare, you'll find our competitors will be more expensive if you add all the safety guarding and tools that we provide WITH the SHARPENER.