PDA

View Full Version : New "Ace" style connectors from Vista?

irrig8r
11-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Sounds like maybe they make them in house....

Anyone see list pricing yet?

http://www.vistapro.com/Files/news/VistaNews_BSC_10.09.pdf

Pro-Scapes
11-05-2009, 01:35 PM
ever since I had problems getting them from Nightscaping I got them from Gambino. I took 2 cases from Mike then the ones I ordered from Nightscaping 6 weeks previous showed up. Im about out now so need to get some more from Mike real soon.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Will be interesting to see their pricing on this line and if it is competitive with the likes of the NS ACE, Lighting Shrink.com, etc.

irrig8r
11-05-2009, 03:29 PM
ever since I had problems getting them from Nightscaping I got them from Gambino. I took 2 cases from Mike then the ones I ordered from Nightscaping 6 weeks previous showed up. Im about out now so need to get some more from Mike real soon.

So, how do MG's compare Billy? Same? Better?

And aren't you interested in seeing what Vista will be charging?

Lite4
11-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Yup, looks like an Ace. Will have to see the pricing. I started sampling with the Northstar DBY connectors on some installs. They are definitely faster, although I don't have that warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of my tummy when I walk away either though.

Pro-Scapes
11-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Yup, looks like an Ace. Will have to see the pricing. I started sampling with the Northstar DBY connectors on some installs. They are definitely faster, although I don't have that warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of my tummy when I walk away either though.

Are you using the crimp rings with the northstar tubes ? I never liked the crimps. Alot of guys out there and I have used em but anytime I used the northstar tubes I always preffered to solder. Still faster than an inline connector.

I have also found melted connections with the crimps (not done by me) which I attribute to installer error.

Of course I would be interested in seeing the price on the Vista connector. Im sure Mike would too as there is probably little to no profit in the sale of just the connector. Mikes connector is similar to an Ace but it has stainless set screws vs the brass. Both do the job they are intended for and do it well. My NS dist was always a pita to deal with and low and behold they no longer carry the brand.

I thought the Ace was patented ? The vista looks so similar.

irrig8r
11-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Are you using the crimp rings with the northstar tubes ? I never liked the crimps. Alot of guys out there and I have used em but anytime I used the northstar tubes I always preffered to solder. Still faster than an inline connector.

I have also found melted connections with the crimps (not done by me) which I attribute to installer error.

Of course I would be interested in seeing the price on the Vista connector. Im sure Mike would too as there is probably little to no profit in the sale of just the connector. Mikes connector is similar to an Ace but it has stainless set screws vs the brass. Both do the job they are intended for and do it well. My NS dist was always a pita to deal with and low and behold they no longer carry the brand.

I thought the Ace was patented ? The vista looks so similar.

It does look very similar. Having not seen them in person yet I can't tell how close they really are...

My distributor tells me NS prices for theirs went up a lot on 7/1.
I bought all he had at the time back in March and haven't run out yet.

Suggested List Prices as of July 1, 2009 (compared to January 1, 2008):

ACE CONNECTOR
1525-DB 7.00 was 5.50 (in Jan '08)
1525-10DB 70.00 was 55.00
1525-25DB 150.00 was 120.00

DUAL ACE CONNECTOR
1538-DB 9.00 was 8.00
1538-15DB 125.00 was 112.00

QUARTER ACE CONNECTOR
1515-DB 6.00 was 4.50
1515-25DB 135.00 was 98.00

Remember, these are publicly available list prices. Not going to share my discount rate, if any.

Terradek
11-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Not only is Vista jumping on the "Ace" bandwagon but King Innovation has just announced its own version of the "Ace". I don't know pricing for Vista since I do not carry Vista but I can tell you that King will be less than NS. The King unit will be available shortly, keep an eye out for our 2010 Buyer's Guide for its introduction.

Lite4
11-06-2009, 03:57 PM
I find it interesting how the manufacturers are now seeing the need to move to a better connector. At least they are catching up finally.

Billy, I am simply double crimping my connections. Have never had a problem yet with a loose connections shorting and causing heat issues.

irrig8r
11-12-2009, 07:50 PM
I can't figure out how King can call theirs "Ace"... can you?

http://www.kinginnovation.com/products/irrigation-products/ace-connector/

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Gregg... Either NS has licensed the ACE Connector to King Innovation (doubtful) or this is just another example of how NS has failed to properly protect their products and trade names. I was surprised to learn this past spring at just how few products and components that were developed by NS were trade marked or patented.

irrig8r
11-13-2009, 10:35 AM
I ordered a sample from King. Very friendly ordering process.

Let There Be Light
11-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Anybody know what the pricing will be for these "ace" connectors?

steve
www.lettherebelightllc.com

Terradek
11-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Steve, Pm me or call for pricing...1-800-609-1130