PDA

View Full Version : Spring 2010!!

Rzbak1
11-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I've been a frequent visitor over the last month or so and have been inpressed with the wealth of knowldege that is available. I've decided to start my own mowing business in the spring. I currently work for a lawn service company in which we provide weed control and fertilization. I have been in this field for about 5 years and have developed a great deal of knowledge when it comes to producing a weed free and healthy lawn. I am considering incorporating weed control and fertilization along with my mowing business. I would sure appreciate any advice or concerns any of you have in combining these two services...Thanks!

hackitdown
11-06-2009, 08:05 AM
Sounds like a good plan. The only problem is that you cannot claim that "the mowing guy cut it wrong" when the lawn turns brown.

mowerbrad
11-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Make sure you get your applicator's license if you haven't already. You already have experience in this business so you should have a little bit of an upper hand on the work, just make sure to keep up on the business side of things. I don't know what your budget is, but make sure you spend it wisely and start looking for equipment now to get the best deals. Do your research needed and ask questions when you need to and you should be ready to go by the spring.

DLAWNS
11-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Make sure you get your applicator's license if you haven't already. You already have experience in this business so you should have a little bit of an upper hand on the work, just make sure to keep up on the business side of things. I don't know what your budget is, but make sure you spend it wisely and start looking for equipment now to get the best deals. Do your research needed and ask questions when you need to and you should be ready to go by the spring.

Ya stole my answer....just kidding. Good advice!

ozd12005
11-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Sounds like a good plan. The only problem is that you cannot claim that "the mowing guy cut it wrong" when the lawn turns brown.

I sure would like to have a few words with the tru green guy that does a few of my customers house. I think it's in the manual for new employees

CapitalLawnGroup
11-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Yea here in Florida it is nearly impossible to be a one stop shop with pesticides and ferts and landscaping, licensing issues... but if you can get it go for it.

g21
11-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Adding fert & pest to a maintenance operation brings obvious advantages.
Good Luck and welcome to the biz!
Let me know if I can help with anything.
Tommy