PDA

View Full Version : a little tree help

turf hokie
11-06-2009, 07:05 PM
since only the crickets are chirping on treesite.....could I get some input on this. Here is the link.

http://www.treeservicessite.com/showthread.php?t=464

Thanks
Bryan

phasthound
11-06-2009, 09:31 PM
since only the crickets are chirping on treesite.....could I get some input on this. Here is the link.

http://www.treeservicessite.com/showthread.php?t=464

Thanks
Bryan

Bryan,
I tried to take a look, but I get "You've been banned from forum" message. :cry::cry:

Can you post photos here?

I spent the day in Baltimore at the Tree Care Industry Association Expo.
I tried to leave at about 1 PM, but keep bumping into good old friends until 3:30. It was a great day! :)

turf hokie
11-07-2009, 07:25 AM
Here are the pics.

Barry, you get the 'banned statement' b/c you need to sign up as a member over there, your username and password dont carry over to that site. I dont understand why that is but it is.

phasthound
11-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Bryan the best thing to do is send samples to Rich Buckley at Rutgers Plant Diagnostic Lab. http://njaes.rutgers.edu/plantdiagnosticlab/
For a small fee you will get an accurate diagnosis within a couple of days along with cultural recommendations and, if necessary, treatments.

mdlwn1
11-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Those are almost always a pita when there is high humidity and reduced air circulation. They're just so dense from leaf to leaf. Not that it helps your diagnosis.

teejet
11-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Too much shade and moisture.

RigglePLC
11-07-2009, 06:04 PM
What kind of tree is this? Weeping basswood, maybe? Telia?
Look closely, and you will see the newer leaves tend to be yellow with green areas near the veins. Older leaves much worse--with necrosis between the leaf veins. This suggests iron deficiency, (manganese deficiency would be similar). Deficient pin oaks look about the same at times. If soil is alkaline, the problem will be worse. Get the soil test. And then try a iron and micronutrient spray in a high-quality chelated form. Concrete residue in the soil could be a contributing factor.

angdeer
11-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Looks like you need to do some fertalizing. We had a problem that looked like this but was on our oak tree leaves. Not sure what the exact product was that they used to treat but it sure worked. This might help you get the problem under control http://www.spring-green.com/Tree-Shrub-Care.aspx Hope it works for you, these guys also saved a bunch of pines we purchased at one of those warehouse clubs. Cant hurt to give it a try, good luck!

gunsnroses
11-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Looks like weeping redbud. I would just clean up the dead leaf material. I wouldnt worry about it and shove fert spikes in the spring. It cant look perfect in November.

turf hokie
11-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks guys, this customer was not on any sort of program. We just started this fall with a fall oil on some plant material and a deep root feeding on everything.

We will be on an IPM program beginning in the spring. I dont know when the problem started or what the conditions were so we will be on our toes next season.

angdeer, thanks for the suggestion but without knowing anything about spring green, our services are better and so are our products. I merely ran into a plant that I dont normally have on my sites and picked up the job after most of the damage was done. Just looking for a bit of input/different set of eyes.

tremor
11-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Bryan,

I've been a certified CT Arborist since SEPT, 1989. Regular 3A since a couple years before then. You have my number. Call or email me any time. Heck, you're a former coworker and a customer too!

Many of my own deciduous trees look like that this year. No tar spot for a change this year but leaf spot & blotches like crazy. Too much rain & cloudy weather this spring.

Deciduous plants aren't likely to require treatment since their leaves will soon drop. Laurels, Rhodos, conifers, etc would do well with preventive contact fungis as the leaves expand. Of course Daconil has been ripped out of our residential play books but we still have Dithane/Mancozeb fungis. T-Methyl does a good job too.

Heritage is crazy money but was also have Disarm. It's a better strobi for less money.

Steve

turf hokie
11-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks Steve, I will give you a call in the next day or two.

Bryan