PDA

View Full Version : problem weed

McEwans Lawn Service
11-07-2009, 07:45 AM
I have a few yards with ground cover ivy , it is part of the mint family it said in the book. I have sprayed with Trimac classic but it didn't't even phase it. I had someone check my rate and mix to be sure that it was right and it was. What else would get this killed, it is taking over these yards.

RigglePLC
11-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I like Lesco Eliminate, at the maximum, with surfactant added. (Contains triclopyr Etc.) Works a little slow, but highly effective. Cool weather would slow it down even more, I suppose. And you are correct. It is in the mint family. Square stems. Slight mint odor when crushed.

RAlmaroad
11-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Ivy is a woody plant. You'll need a brush killer herbicide. Check out the labels for triclopyr + 2,4-D ester as Riggs said. I like "Crossbow" to start my mix. Be careful of any drift and make sure that you use a surfactant.

CHARLES CUE
11-07-2009, 07:07 PM
I use a 3 way and a wetting agent and it goes away. I have better luck spraying it in the fall if you spray in the spring its back in the summer than back again in the fall but after the fall treament its gone for the next summer just creeps over from the neighbors and out the flower beds
Charles Cue