PDA

View Full Version : credit card reader on iphone??

SangerLawn
11-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Iphone has applications for running credit cards. Does anyone know if it works, how well it works, and if it is worth it? I have been checking into card readers but they are expensive and we do not do enough with credit cards to justify paying that much. The iphone apps appear cheap with no monthly payments just a charge when you use it.

CapitalLawnGroup
11-08-2009, 01:21 PM
I have been reading reviews on the "square" coming out for the iphone. It plugs into the headphone jack and you swipe the card through it, it sends a receipt to the customers email address, and with the signature they sign on the screen. It is not out yet still in alpha testing, but as soon as it does come out, I'M BUYIN IT!

unkownfl
11-12-2009, 01:29 AM
sounds good

elite lawns
11-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Let us know if works good

grass2cash
10-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Has anyone had a chance to give this a try?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/square/id335393788?mt=8

Based on the reviews I've read thus far the fees are minimal compared to other services. The only complaint I've read about is that the ship time is fairly slow and there was a snag for the 4th generation but apparently its been corrected. If anyone has any honest feedback on this I would love to hear it.

Big C
10-25-2010, 10:24 PM
I have been reading reviews on the "square" coming out for the iphone. It plugs into the headphone jack and you swipe the card through it, it sends a receipt to the customers email address, and with the signature they sign on the screen. It is not out yet still in alpha testing, but as soon as it does come out, I'M BUYIN IT!

They are currently using them in the Apple stores where I live....don't know if I would want that bulky thing attached to my phone, but it is impressive the way it works.

NarNar
10-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Went to Apple, they said the ones they have at the MAC Store was built specifically for them. I am still looking.

Redbo
11-03-2010, 02:29 PM
this would be a great option for LCO's as I know in the past I have had customers ask to pay for a block of months at once but would have to charge it. It sucks when you have to pass.

NarNar
11-03-2010, 03:08 PM
We have a credit card machine in our office. BEST INVESTMENT EVER. Sure it eats a little into our profit, but it makes collecting sooooooo easy. At the end of the month, we just send out an email to our customers letting them know we are going to charge their account.

On the last day of the month, we bill and everything goes straight into our accounts.

No more waiting for checks, no more multiple trips to the bank, no more headaches.

Actually we do have a couple of customers that do still pay by checks, but 80% is by CC.

I would suggest it, especially if you are offering more then maintenance services. You can take the 30%-50% deposit from the project- go purchase materials for the construction jobs, bill the customer at the end of the projec, charge the rest of their card and have money in the account in a day or two. Amazing.

If you guys are interested let me know, I will put you in touch with the company here in and they will set you. trust me, it's worth it!

Reid's Landscaping
11-16-2010, 04:22 PM
I Have been using Square on my iPhone 4 for the past few months and i love it.
It is free to download and the hardware is also free.
The fee is 2.75% +15c for card swipes and 3.5% +15c for key in numbers.
Its been an awesome way to collect right on the ball and get rid of my most common excuses of non payment like " Im out of checks" or "I dont have any cash on me"
Over all id suggest it to anyone in business for themselves.

NorthTXlawnguy
11-18-2010, 03:29 PM
I also recently started using Square and Reid's is spot on! I love it. I will take the 2.75- 3% hit if i can collect on the spot. And the card reader is actually quite small. I use it on my EVO and it works great.

walker-talker
11-24-2010, 05:20 PM
I Have been using Square on my iPhone 4 for the past few months and i love it.
It is free to download and the hardware is also free.
The fee is 2.75% +15c for card swipes and 3.5% +15c for key in numbers.
Its been an awesome way to collect right on the ball and get rid of my most common excuses of non payment like " Im out of checks" or "I dont have any cash on me"
Over all id suggest it to anyone in business for themselves.I was curious what CC's the app will accept...visa, mc, discover, amex, dinners club?

Thanks
Matt

NorthTXlawnguy
11-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Visa, Mc, Discover, and AM EX.

walker-talker
11-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Thanks...and thanks for the pm also. That's a great deal. I started a website a few months ago that accepts those 4 cards and it cost me $42.50 (plus $80 a year) to have a merchant account and gateway. If I accept over $1000 a month, they shave $25 off that monthly fee. The transaction fees are lower, but still.

Thanks to this thread, I'll be getting one.

One a side note to iphone users, they have a software update for the iphone. What's cool, they include an iphone tracker. Now I can track my wife....lol. You can also track your iphone via your computer in case you lose it or it gets stolen. As far as I know, its free.