PDA

View Full Version : New line up what do you think

jtlandscaper
11-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Im 13 and i have ten accounts im thinking of getting this line up of equipment by next spring

billy goat Force II
john deere z9
scag 48
en cosed trealer
stand on lesco
*trucewhiteflag*

wishing to get this what do you think

LouisianaLawnboy
11-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Keep shooting for the stars.
Posted via Mobile Device

LindblomRJ
11-07-2009, 06:30 PM
at 13 years old what do you need an enclosed trailer for?

or en cosed trealer

Translation please.

lawnboy852
11-07-2009, 07:02 PM
you definitely dont need three mowers for 10 accounts

TNT Lawn Maintenance
11-07-2009, 08:36 PM
you expect to pay for all this how?

and I wouldnt be spending thousands on equipment if you only have ten accounts. Start off used, get only one mower instead of three and get a small open trailer like a 5x8.
also, how do you get to and from these jobs only being 13?

jtlandscaper
11-07-2009, 10:11 PM
just got four more accounts . Also my dad takes me places.

360ci
11-07-2009, 11:07 PM
I started with 16 accounts and one mower. I still use that one mower to this day, ten years later. I have grown slowly, as I work full time during the weekdays. I just bought a second mower TONIGHT; a just-tuned-up for storage Silver Series Lawnboy, for $50 Canadian & in supreme shape (just needs a wipe down).

I previously had a tandem trailer and a small tractor with a 48" deck, but sold it all for a trucking job that I couldn't say no too. Now that I've decided not to renew my contract, I plan to grow the business once again.

LouisianaLawnboy
11-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Depending on what type most of your yards are, I would consider consolidating your list to one mower. For instance if you have mostly small subdivision lots I would get a 36" ZTR(I hate w/b), but if you live in the country and have big open lots, then maybe a 52 or 60" ZTR.

Also, I don't see why others are slamming you. I think it maybe a little jealousy. If you are going to offer constructive criticism then go ahead, but to just attack a 13 yr old kid(no offense) you need to get a life.

If you have any questions you think I maybe able to help you with just shoot me a pm.

mowerbrad
11-08-2009, 12:27 AM
At your age and business size, there is really no need to have 3 mowers (larger than 21"). I would choose one mower that would fit your needs the best and just get that ONE mower. As for the trailer and blower, if you feel like your business needs those pieces of equipment, then go right ahead and get them.

CapitalLawnGroup
11-08-2009, 12:27 PM
I started at about the same age, and when I did I had a push mower that I would PUSH to all 20 accounts I had within a couple block radius. I would not spend money on a trailer if you can't drive or more than a couple hundred bux for a grandpa mower at that point. Trust me. You can get away with a home depot special at that point and save a lot of money.