PDA

View Full Version : Need help and info on Exmark!

4curbappeal
11-07-2009, 10:05 PM
I am looking for help and information on by-passing or disableing all safety switches on an Exmark Turf Tracer. I realize that many LS members will frown on this, but my mind is made up. I'm tired of trial and error and trying to replace all of these safety switches.

I just want this mower to run and cut without dying out whenever I make a turn or hit a bump! I will also add, that this mower is used by me and nobody else and is being used at my personal residence where there is 0 chance of anyone but me being injured!

Please! I know someone out ther has done this and can explain where I need to start. I'm extremely frusturated with this

If anyone is offended by this post then I am truely sorry. I just want a mower that cutts grass!
There is no need to remind me of why I should not do this as I am already aware. Not to be an ass, but if you are ready to read me the riot act then dont waste your time and simply move to the next thread. Sorry, but Im very stressed out dealing with this stupid mower.

Thank you,

Tim

snapper
11-08-2009, 12:15 AM
check the parking brake adjustment. I have seen when the brake bar is too far away from the tire, it can bounce enough to make it stutter. Is this an hp or a full size? The operator prescence switch and the parking brake switch is the only to that can make one cut out while running on the hp, and proably the full size but never worked on many of those.. So i would check those two closely..

Later!!

ricky86
11-08-2009, 01:30 AM
Why are you so sure it's the switches? 90% of the time it's the harness problem or an adjustment. So bypassing the switches won't help, but maybe a dealer can.

4curbappeal
11-08-2009, 01:55 AM
Why are you so sure it's the switches? 90% of the time it's the harness problem or an adjustment. So bypassing the switches won't help, but maybe a dealer can.

Thank you. It may not be in the switches, but i should and will check to make sure. Thanks

ricky86
11-08-2009, 03:35 AM
Leave everything hooked up. Start the engine and engage the mower. At every connection, wiggle the harness where it attaches to the every switch and any other component. Then try at different parts of the harness. Take your time. Go too fast and you will go right past the problem. This test will tell you if you have a bad connection. If nothing shows, systematically bypass each switch. That is at least, where you should start. I don't know why I'm helping a Colt fan.

mowingsite
11-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I have one that I've been using for 14 years :)

every switch on the thing is clamped, glued and wire nutted together :)

runs like a champ though...

mowerknower
11-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Isolate the engine from the machine. This will tell you if it is an engine problem or a mower problem. Just unplug the wire that goes to the engine. If it is a safety switch problem it the engine will not die until you plug the wire back in and shut it down. (unless you have a key start mower, then it might have a fuel solonoid)