PDA

View Full Version : gutter cleaning

bulldogg
11-08-2009, 05:17 PM
what is a going rate on cleaning gutters and how do you calculate the rate?

yardmanlee
11-08-2009, 06:49 PM
for us depends on how high and if its wet and stopped up or if we can just walk across the roof and blow everything out

Greenscapes Lawncare
11-08-2009, 07:19 PM
if they r wet and stopped up and have to take a bag up there and get them out with our hand we charge .75 cent pr linear ft. and thats on a 1 story house easy to get to. 2nd story $1 per ft. wet. if we can blow them out on 1 story with handheld blower no more than 200 linear ft of gutter we charge $50.00

atouchofnature
11-08-2009, 08:30 PM
I charge $1 per linear foot for 1 story, $1.25 for 2 story if the gutters are not completely stopped up at any point.

If the job is particularly nasty due to being clogged or very wet weather, I add .25 per foot. If the gutters are completely dry and not much debris, I deduct .25 per foot.

If they wait until summer to have it done and I have to climb up on a hot roof (I also make it clear that I will be using their hose to cool down the shingles) or wait until winter and I have to freeze on a roof, I add .25 per foot.

I give the potential buyer those exact prices, and tell them that there is no way for me to be sure of the situation from the ground. If they want an exact price, forcing me to climb the roof without guarantee of getting the job, I charge $25 for climbing up on the roof, which is deducted from the price if they accept the estimate.

I give a 20% discount on the total gutter cleaning bill for full service lawn customers (weekly mowing + deluxe organic/ipm program).

Minimum price for gutter cleaning is $50 for 1 story, $60 for 2 story.

david shumaker
11-09-2009, 07:14 PM
I charge a minimum of $45.00 for a rancher that can be blown out from the roof quickly.

If gutters have to be hand cleaned and flushed, I charge according to how much a pain they will be. The longer it will take, the more I charge.

On some houses, I need to take a couple size ladders if I have to clean them by hand from the ladder.

I don't go out looking for gutter jobs.

DJJS
11-11-2009, 11:33 PM
for regular customers i charge 75 cents a linear ft for a 1 story and $ 1.00/ linear ft for 2nd story. if its someone just hiring me for gutters $ 1.00/linear ft 1st story, $ 1.25/linear ft and i charge $ 1.55/linear ft for any 3 story home Minimum charge of $ 50 for 1st story and $ 70 for 2nd story, i've got a commercial account i maintain that we blow off the flat roof, the roofs about 37500 sq ft and i charge $ 225 for that, plus the regular weekly cleanup cost

Allens LawnCare
11-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Man nobody gives out mowing prices but gutters all the secrets are let out!

Dman911
03-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Its harder to give mowing prices