PDA

View Full Version : preemergent herbicide... liquid or dry?

americanlawn
11-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Some guys are already planning ahead for early spring. 2010 pre-order discounts, etc.

Questions:

1) Do "liquid" preemergent products need to be watered in within a certain amount of time?

2) Do "liquid" preemergent herbicides lose value due to volitiation if not watered in within a reasonable amount of time?

3) Do "liquid" preemergent herbicides lose value due to oxidation if they are not watered in within a reasonable amount of time?

4) Are you concerned regarding liquid preemergent products hitting "off target" plants? Are granular products safer in this respect?

Please do not respond if your intention is to personally downgrade lawnsite.com members.

thanks, rescvp

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
11-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Seems like loaded questions:confused: Sounds like you already know the answer to those questions by the way you phrased them?:walking:

americanlawn
11-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi LIBERTY - I spose you're right. I figure you're a Z-Spray guy, yet that to me means you know quality stuff when you see it. Both Z's & T's are top notch IMO. (just different market requirements)

What we hate are tweakers who have nothing better to do than to criticize folks on this site.

Only reason we're on this site is to learn what's new and how to improve our operation. I say "we're", cuz I ani't the only employee that posts. But keep in mind that we're all good people who work hard everyday. BTW, 3 of us are on here now....watching, learning, etc. (I think this is good)

Thanks bud.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
11-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Larry, Why are you interjecting the T&Z thing into this? I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker...I could care less what machine anyone runs. I'm not a salesman for any ride-on company & it really makes no difference to me:dizzy: I make my decisions based on what suits me best-Not what the folks on lawnsite say.......

Anyways............ Are you asking opinions about pre-emergant because you don't know the answers to those questions? In the way you asked them it sure SEEMS lke you do? Just confused as to why you are asking?

BTW, I like the fact that you make the note that the shooter @ Ft. Hood was Muslim, as the regular media has tried to hide that fact:hammerhead:

Just a note though,,, It's Muslim, not Muslin:)

rcreech
11-08-2009, 08:59 PM
I think ALL muslims should be asked nicely to leave the US and after 30 days...we should be allowed to use them for target practice!

I am getting tired of this bullcrap!

sprayboy
11-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Larry, Why are you interjecting the T&Z thing into this?

Either for his advertising agreement with Turfco or looking to pick a fight and then blame the z guys.

ted putnam
11-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Either for his advertising agreement with Turfco or looking to pick a fight and then blame the z guys.

Watch what you say...even though what you say may be true, it might be deleted by the the "powers" that be. :cry: to the right person and it could happen.

ted putnam
11-08-2009, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=LIBERTYLANDSCAPING;3269156] Why are you interjecting the T&Z thing into this?

Improper programming. Many large companies such as Turfco have them. They are called "Loose Cannons". They can kind of be risky to have around if they aren't programmed properly though.

sprayboy
11-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Watch what you say...even though what you say may be true, it might be deleted by the the "powers" that be. :cry: to the right person and it could happen.

O crap!!

I didn't write that, it was one of my employees who was drinkin beer and watchin the colts get another victory today.

CHARLES CUE
11-08-2009, 11:09 PM
I have only used liquid going to try dry this year but i still think it all depends on the yard it self how well the pre works thin low cut yards probably wont do good with either if you get rain in aug when the pre is breaking down guess what
Charles Cue

Roudy I dont thing we should kick people because of there religion

rcreech
11-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Roudy....I like that (I guess you are talking to me).

I would never "kick" someone for their religion...however I will kick them in the nuts if they HATE Americans!

They all hate us and we better get them out of here or they are going to take us out from the inside out!

GET'M OUT OF HERE is my vote! We are not safe with them here!

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
11-08-2009, 11:33 PM
[QUOTE=rcreech;3269689]They all hate us and we better get them out of here or they are going to take us out from the inside out!

[QUOTE]

I'm afraid it's already begun-Barack Hussein Obama........

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
11-08-2009, 11:36 PM
I would never "kick" someone for their religion...however I will kick them in the nuts if they HATE Americans!

They don't have nuts-That's why they fly planes into buildings, go on spineless shooting rampages & hide in schools & among women & children.

rcreech
11-08-2009, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=rcreech;3269689]They all hate us and we better get them out of here or they are going to take us out from the inside out!

[QUOTE]

I'm afraid it's already begun-Barack Hussein Obama........

10-4

What type of people would elect a freak'n guy with the middle name Hussein and without his birth papers as our president and then give him a freak'n Nobel Peace Prize?????

I guess the honor or being the President and getting a Nobel Peace Prize is now gone considering a guy that has done ABSOLUTLY NOTHING has now gotten both!

Why did you get me started on this guy??? :laugh:

phasthound
11-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Oh good lord, this kind of talk is so un-American it is pathetic. True patriots do not condemn entire populations based on the actions of a very few.

rcreech
11-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Oh good lord, this kind of talk is so un-American it is pathetic. True patriots do not condemn entire populations based on the actions of a very few.

It is hard to see the trees from the forest...therefore they should all be treated the same!

I don't think it is un-American...I think it is being a worried realist!

phasthound
11-09-2009, 05:10 PM
They all hate us and we better get them out of here or they are going to take us out from the inside out!

GET'M OUT OF HERE! We are not safe with them here!

Rodney,

That's the same rhetoric used by extremists against the West. I can easily hear Bin Laden saying the same sentence. It's based on fear and manipulation.

There are 1.2 to 1.8 billion Muslims on this planet. I refuse to believe they should all be treated as terrorists. Can we agree to disagree on this and just drop it?

So what do you think about Larry's questions on pre-emergents?

mdlwn1
11-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Some guys are already planning ahead for early spring. 2010 pre-order discounts, etc.

Questions:

1) Do "liquid" preemergent products need to be watered in within a certain amount of time?

2) Do "liquid" preemergent herbicides lose value due to volitiation if not watered in within a reasonable amount of time?

3) Do "liquid" preemergent herbicides lose value due to oxidation if they are not watered in within a reasonable amount of time?

4) Are you concerned regarding liquid preemergent products hitting "off target" plants? Are granular products safer in this respect?

Please do not respond if your intention is to personally downgrade lawnsite.com members.

thanks, rescvp
1. YES
2. Varies
3. Dunno
4. Granular goes everywhere....liquid can be targeted...so no..unless you spray with your eyes closed. Ex: Company that used to treat the lawn here used granular pre/post....perrenials along stream always got trashed. I use liquid pre/post and do not spray near them...they look great now.

a plus bob
11-09-2009, 05:34 PM
I sprayed my pre-emergent for yrs. then went dry about 10 yrs. ago.The reason I switched was spreading goes alot faster than pulling a hose.Also being wet from the knees down sucks when its cold.The one thing I miss about spraying is being able to trim heavy along edges and not dumping a lot of fert in those areas plus I could spray cracks in side walks or paver walks and not make a mess.I feel like I got better control with liquid but need to get more done in a day so now I spread my Rd 1.

mdlwn1
11-09-2009, 05:56 PM
I sprayed my pre-emergent for yrs. then went dry about 10 yrs. ago.The reason I switched was spreading goes alot faster than pulling a hose.Also being wet from the knees down sucks when its cold.The one thing I miss about spraying is being able to trim heavy along edges and not dumping a lot of fert in those areas plus I could spray cracks in side walks or paver walks and not make a mess.I feel like I got better control with liquid but need to get more done in a day so now I spread my Rd 1.

From an application stand point this is the most accurate description you will ever see here.

grassman177
11-09-2009, 06:13 PM
From an application stand point this is the most accurate description you will ever see here.

true, but i never have issues. i do go heavier on the edges but it does not show too m,uch with the fert dry as i use a low nitrogen in the round 1.

americanlawn
11-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Main reason I was wondering is our CPS rep says they now have their version of liquid Barricade at a very attractive price for 2010. I might be interested for use in ride-on equipment, but for "push spreader lawns", we would have to go over the lawn twice or else use liquid fert. I also like granular fert cuz it seems to last longer than most liquid fert.

Some folks say liquid pre's do not lose value if they are not watering in fairly soon, but I question that....especially when we have a dry spring.

I prefer granular preemergent for the reasons listed by the previous posts, but our local TruGreen uses alot of liquid Barricade (w/liquid urea) with fine results -- especially along the edges. I figure that's the main advantage with liquid pre's.

BTW Rush Limbaugh really "tore it up" today regarding the Ft Hood massacre.

a plus bob
11-09-2009, 08:35 PM
true, but i never have issues. i do go heavier on the edges but it does not show too m,uch with the fert dry as i use a low nitrogen in the round 1.

Do you use a standard size prill or a mini prill ? My competitor uses a mini prill looks like snap shot you cant see it on a side walk 10 ft away.

americanlawn
11-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Small prills are often recommended for preemergent products, but after that, we prefer standard sized prills. IMO

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Larry - whats a 'muslin':)
Just joshin ya!:)

ksJoe
11-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Larry - whats a 'muslin':)
Just joshin ya!:)

Clearly you all are a bunch of rednecks without a cultural bone in your body. Larry, our dear friend, is simply bringing attention the Muslin, the finely woven cloth. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslin) Anyone forced to wear such abominable clothing would absolutely die of embarrassment. Any cloth used to make theater seats shouldn't be used for garments! Which is obviously the point he is trying to make.

Now, go find a 24 hour marathon of TLC's What Not to Wear!

rcreech
11-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Rodney,

That's the same rhetoric used by extremists against the West. I can easily hear Bin Laden saying the same sentence. It's based on fear and manipulation.

There are 1.2 to 1.8 billion Muslims on this planet. I refuse to believe they should all be treated as terrorists. Can we agree to disagree on this and just drop it?

So what do you think about Larry's questions on pre-emergents?

Barry,

I am not trying to be an extermist...but they all hate Americans! Look at this guy...he acted like us, joined the Army, we paid for him to get his Dr...then he turned around and killed our good people.

I agree with you...but still think they should all leave.

rcreech
11-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Just got this e-mailed to me today! :)

The Aisle Seat

Two Radical Arab Terrorists boarded a flight out of London . One took a window seat and the other sat next to him in the middle seat. Just before takeoff, a U.S. Marine sat down in the aisle seat. After takeoff, the Marine kicked his shoes off, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the Arab in the window seat said, 'I need to get up and get a coke'

'Don't get up,' said the Marine, 'I'm in the aisle seat, 'I'll get it for you.'

As soon as he left, one of the Arabs picked up the Marines shoe and spat in it. When the Marine returned with the coke, the other Arab said, 'That looks good, I'd really like one, too.' Again, the Marine obligingly went to fetch it. While he was gone the other Arab picked up the Marines other shoe and spat in it. When the Marine returned, they all sat back and enjoyed the flight.

As the plane was landing, the Marine slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediately what had happened. He leaned over and asked his Arab neighbors. 'Why does it have to be this way? How long must this go on? This fighting between our nations? This hatred? This animosity? This spitting in shoes and pissing in cokes?'

THE FEW. THE PROUD. THE MARINES

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
11-09-2009, 10:58 PM

Unfortunately, this is the exact political correctness the led to the bloodshed & wounding of many of our finest soldiers!

This was the first act of terrorism on American soil since 9/11

This isn't a game-it's not funny. There is a large group of people who HATE Americans through no fault of our own & would like to wipe us & Israel off the face of the earth.

I'm calling a spade, a spade. Who's side are you on Barry?????

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
11-09-2009, 10:59 PM

The Aisle Seat

Two Radical Arab Terrorists boarded a flight out of London . One took a window seat and the other sat next to him in the middle seat. Just before takeoff, a U.S. Marine sat down in the aisle seat. After takeoff, the Marine kicked his shoes off, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the Arab in the window seat said, 'I need to get up and get a coke'

As soon as he left, one of the Arabs picked up the Marines shoe and spat in it. When the Marine returned with the coke, the other Arab said, 'That looks good, I'd really like one, too.' Again, the Marine obligingly went to fetch it. While he was gone the other Arab picked up the Marines other shoe and spat in it. When the Marine returned, they all sat back and enjoyed the flight.

As the plane was landing, the Marine slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediately what had happened. He leaned over and asked his Arab neighbors. 'Why does it have to be this way? How long must this go on? This fighting between our nations? This hatred? This animosity? This spitting in shoes and pissing in cokes?'

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

grassman177
11-09-2009, 11:00 PM
aplus bob. it is standard i guess. it is very uniform and actually smaller than what i consider normal prill but by no means a mini prill as you describe. i think they do may this smaller on puropose to get better coverage. (helena chemical fert with barricade)

phasthound
11-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Barry,

I am not trying to be an extermist...but they all hate Americans! Look at this guy...he acted like us, joined the Army, we paid for him to get his Dr...then he turned around and killed our good people.

I agree with you...but still think they should all leave.

Rodney,

No way in hell am I trying to stand up for this scum bag. I don't care if he's a terrorist or mentally ill, he deserves to fry in hell. And no way in hell am I going to condemn hundreds of millions of people for the actions of a few.

phasthound
11-10-2009, 12:17 AM

The Aisle Seat

Funny story, but what was gained by this?
In our culture pissing in someone's coke is a supreme insult, just the same as spitting in someone's shoe is a supreme insult in Arab (a minority of Muslims) culture. Maybe both sides lost.

phasthound
11-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Unfortunately, this is the exact political correctness the led to the bloodshed & wounding of many of our finest soldiers!

This isn't a game-it's not funny. There is a large group of people who HATE Americans through no fault of our own & would like to wipe us & Israel off the face of the earth.

Truth, justice and the American way! No sarcasm, I'm serious.

rcreech
11-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Funny story, but what was gained by this?
In our culture pissing in someone's coke is a supreme insult, just the same as spitting in someone's shoe is a supreme insult in Arab (a minority of Muslims) culture. Maybe both sides lost.

Barry,

That is what the Marine asked...when is this going to quit?

I don't think anyone wins...it was just a cute joke that tied in with our posts here.

I guess we may as well get back to talk'n about lawns again...huh! :)

a plus bob
11-10-2009, 08:32 AM
aplus bob. it is standard i guess. it is very uniform and actually smaller than what i consider normal prill but by no means a mini prill as you describe. i think they do may this smaller on puropose to get better coverage. (helena chemical fert with barricade)

I get my stuff from Helena also probably same product.

phasthound
11-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Barry,

That is what the Marine asked...when is this going to quit?

I don't think anyone wins...it was just a cute joke that tied in with our posts here.

I guess we may as well get back to talk'n about lawns again...huh! :)

Thanks Rodney. I wasn't sure where you were coming from. I understand better now. :)

grassman177
11-10-2009, 09:21 AM
I get my stuff from Helena also probably same product.

so you know what i am saying. it is a very easy to spread product. promate with barricade, i think 15-3-5 or something of that nature. 20 or 30% slow release. this year i payed like 17 bucks a bag, how about you?

Smallaxe
11-10-2009, 09:28 AM
... Roudy I dont thing we should kick people because of there religion

What does religion have to do with murder and conquering the world, through extermination? You can't separate the religion from the political. Honor killings in the USA are not religious?

rcreech
11-10-2009, 12:25 PM
What does religion have to do with murder and conquering the world, through extermination? You can't separate the religion from the political. Honor killings in the USA are not religious?

Isn't it funny how ther are people on both sides of this!

That is what I loved about the Bush family. They had the right attitude of "You mess with us and we will rock your world"!

If I had to guess I would say the conservatives don't like muslims and the "others" are willing to accept everything and would rather make peace then PROTECT their people at home!

AMAZING~!

CHARLES CUE
11-10-2009, 03:06 PM

I didnt say it did
i gess becouse this started with the word muslim wich is a religion not a race
Charles Cue

phasthound
11-10-2009, 04:55 PM
If I had to guess I would say the conservatives don't like muslims and the "others" are willing to accept everything and would rather make peace then PROTECT their people at home!

I hate the people who plan or commit acts of terrorism. I don't care if they are Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu or whatever. I do not hate all Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindu or whatever.

Taking this point of view does in no way mean I don't agree with PROTECTing our people at home or abroad. I do not believe in peace at all costs. I do believe that in addition to military power, other methods will improve our chances of long lasting peace. Military action alone has not done that.

'nuff said.

Ric
11-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Rcreech

Here is a news link I recieved today from by E mail. I am making no judgement call, I will leave that to you.

http://www.cphpost.dk/news/politics/90-politics/47432-foreigners-to-get-100000-kroner-incentive-to-leave-denmark.html

BTW Here is a picture I felt fit this thread also.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/3403428.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=BD2794AE0B3E23AD7B090E5309383A25

gregory
11-10-2009, 05:55 PM
barry what is your answer?

they don't like us its plain and simple kick there ass's out its that plain and simple...there are some many times this country can turn the other cheek...this country is so messed up b/c of the Political correctness we are so worried of hurting somebody's feelings and then they do something like this whats more important the right of having a safe life or political correctness? they know what we will do and they play to that to a tee....i am sure all are not like this but until they get a handle on there people we will and we will and should do it a different way b/c the political correct way is not working.....

i was in detroit had to fly back down to florida b/c hurricane charlie was getting ready to hit just north of me so i got on a plane the same morining i got a ticket and i got searched and so did my luggage i had to pay a price for what somebody else did its time they started paying a price for what they do....i told the guy i am flying to floirda and there is a hurricane getting ready to hit i had to go home and take care of my house and dogs didn't matter.....

phasthound
11-10-2009, 07:10 PM
i was in detroit had to fly back down to florida b/c hurricane charlie was getting ready to hit just north of me so i got on a plane the same morining i got a ticket and i got searched and so did my luggage i had to pay a price for what somebody else did its time they started paying a price for what they do....i told the guy i am flying to floirda and there is a hurricane getting ready to hit i had to go home and take care of my house and dogs didn't matter.....

If those security measures had been in place before 9/11 (we had plenty of warning that we could be attacked by extremists), the terrorists would not have been able to board the planes with their box cutters. I have no problem being searched, taking my shoes off or having my bags x-rayed. Preventative methods can be very effective in terms of saving money and blood.

I spent 7 hours on delay from Philly to Louisville for the GIE due to weather & air traffic. Big deal, it's part of modern day travel. Everyone arrived safe & it was faster and less stressful than driving.

The attack at Fort Hood was by one man who was probably mentally unstable. The individuals who took him out and saved their fellow soldiers are incredible heroes.

I do not see this incident as a reason to pass judgment on hundreds of millions of people who have a slightly different faith than you do.

rcreech
11-10-2009, 07:12 PM
I didnt say it did
i gess becouse this started with the word muslim wich is a religion not a race
Charles Cue

Maybe we shouldn't have said Muslim....and should have just said Towel Heads! :laugh:

Totally kidding there...but seriously I do think we have a problem with some of these people being over here and I think it will continue to haunt us until they leave...and take our President back home with them! :dizzy:

americanlawn
11-10-2009, 07:52 PM
To comply with this site....... "we buy most products from CPS & Zimco".

Ditto with rcreech. Our current President denied that he was raised a muslim. (this was a lie), and to this day, he still cannot provide a birth certificate proving he's an "American". Now he is making speeches about how sorry he is for our fallen soldiers at FT Hood. Talk about twisted logic.

Last August, my son-in-law also got a ticket for tinted windows (like I did) on his truck that he bought NEW at a GM DEALERSHIP. This guy is a Capt in the 82nd, a category I sniper, Ranger, etc. Went on several black opp's, served a year in Iraq, and will deploy to Afghanistan in December. I find it odd that America (state patrol who needs money any way they can get it) "penalizes" folks who are "True Patriots" while at the same time providing lawyers trying to defend terrorists. :confused:

gregory
11-10-2009, 08:12 PM
If those security measures had been in place before 9/11 (we had plenty of warning that we could be attacked by extremists), the terrorists would not have been able to board the planes with their box cutters. I have no problem being searched, taking my shoes off or having my bags x-rayed. Preventative methods can be very effective in terms of saving money and blood.

I spent 7 hours on delay from Philly to Louisville for the GIE due to weather & air traffic. Big deal, it's part of modern day travel. Everyone arrived safe & it was faster and less stressful than driving.

The attack at Fort Hood was by one man who was probably mentally unstable. The individuals who took him out and saved their fellow soldiers are incredible heroes.

I do not see this incident as a reason to pass judgment on hundreds of millions of people who have a slightly different faith than you do.

there faith does not brother me and it never will i don't really care who you pray to. but when one faith seems to be the one always killing americans i have a problem with those people. you want to come to this country and live in peace and pray to ali good for you that doe not give you the right to kill me b/c i don't........

mentally unstable huh :confused: how long are we going to ride that pony? i am sick and tired of others killing and the excuse is he was mentally unstable.. thats no excuse... i hope he is put to death for what he did.....

grassman177
11-10-2009, 08:28 PM
i dont want to really get in on this topic much, but yes, no matter who the killer was, muslim or not, man or woman, they should be put to death.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
11-10-2009, 08:35 PM
i hope he is put to death for what he did.....

Ditto that! :clapping:

CHARLES CUE
11-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Maybe we shouldn't have said Muslim....and should have just said Towel Heads! :laugh:

Totally kidding there...but seriously I do think we have a problem with some of these people being over here and I think it will continue to haunt us until they leave...and take our President back home with them! :dizzy:

Well maybe Muslin is right but not all muslin. its always seems that the people that go to extreme are the one that cause the problems killing people
Charles Cue

ted putnam
11-10-2009, 11:14 PM
A little off topic here, (most of this thread is) While on the subject of political correctness. HP is moving here and there is all kinds of construction going on. A guy I know bid a job, won the bid and has been doing subcontractor work for them. While working over the weekend, he needed a floor scraper and asked a kid working there if he could borrow the scraper(the kid was African American). The kid said sure. He used it, and came back to return it and the kid was nowhere to be found. There were two other men there( one was African American), so Rick said, "Have y'all seen that black kid that was here a minute ago, I need to return this scraper he let me borrow". It never crossed his mind that he had done anything wrong. He worked all day Saturday and again Sunday. He got a call Monday morning at 7:30 and was told he was fired and also that he was not eligible to bid for any jobs done for HP for a period of 1 year. He was told that he promoted an "unstable" work environment by saying what he said. Maybe Rick shouldn't have used the word "black". However, it amazes me how they(African Americans) can go back and forth with each other and even use the "N" word toward each other and nothing is said. In this case I feel the punishment didn't fit the crime. Sure, he deserved a stern warning, even a reprimand, but firing...

rcreech
11-10-2009, 11:57 PM
i hope he is put to death for what he did.....

Hopefully a slow one at that!

I was so glad to hear that the freak wasn't killed...so he can look foreword to his way out now!

SpreadNSpray
11-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Political correctness is helping to cripple this country.

Also "mentally unstable"? Is that a free pass? I feel that anyone that commits a serious act of violence or murder is mentally unstable. "mentally unstable" is too close "insane" which to some is a free pass for murder.

hughmcjr
11-11-2009, 02:34 AM

I love this country!!

Try this in reverse:

"There is a large group of Americans that hate anyone who is not EXACTLY like them, especially Muslims through no fault of their own, and would like to wipe everyone off the face of the earth, especially Muslims, who don't live, act and believe the same propaganda they do."

Look, first of STOP watching extremely biased and radical FAUX news and for that matter ALL mainstream American media. Do any of you know even Fox itself does not consider O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck or any of the other programs actual news? It only considers 2 shows out of all its programming on FOx news to be actual news. That is from FOx itself. And Murdoch who wanted Obama is a liberal who can't stand O'Reilly, but as a smart Jewish businessman he knows who makes him the money, the loud mouth "Irish" American Catholics like myself.

Second and maybe most importantly we FIRST went into their countries, starting with the Brits at the beginning of the 1900's to steal the oil, because they and people like Rockefeller knew to stay rich and powerful (some call it capitalism), we would need oil for a mobile military and to get the oil they would have to take over the country. More oil, more mobility to get more oil, to be more imperialistic to get more oil and have a more mobile military, so one feeds the other and the cycle continues.
Same with Afghanistan. I know we "believe" the reason we went their and are there now is to promote freedom and democracy, meanwhile 100's of billions of dollars are being made with our blessing and control of the poppy crop. People it is a drug war for money. Wake the **** up!!

Look, the 1/10 of one percent of the richest people in the world don't give a damn about you and I. And I don't care if you are well off and have even millions, because the ultra rich who get lobbyists, leaders and countries to go to bat for them to protect their riches couldn't give a damn about you, I , the USA or patriotism. Now they will use the flag and patriotism to suck you into thinking we are all about to die and to live in fear, so they can keep themselves in power with self fulfilling prophecy and by creating the very turmoil and conflicts they are pretending to want to end and bring peace to.

I love this country, but the reality is the government, those in power and the ultra rich running it are corrupt and evil. Stop being so blind and following evil and corrupt people in the name of the flag, democracy and freedom, when they are doing the same thing the radical islamists are doing and in reverse the rhetoric they spew even sounds the same.

And most importantly, STOP the "whose side are you on and you are either with us or against us nonsense". These bastards in power want us divided, you and I, christian and jews, jews and muslims, because it keep you and I in fear and them in a job by convincing us we need them. Yeah we need them, because the people and countries we went into were so messed with and ****** over by us. Hey if they came here like we did there for over 50 years, what would we think of them and want to do. Wait, I know the answer, they did come here and mess with us so now we hate them even more and on and on it goes.

You and I didn't create the falling and corrupt economy and stock market from last year. You and I didn't do anything that this government has done over the last 50+ years in other countries by going into them and screwing with their people and way of life, but our rich and powerful and politicians and lobbyists who do their bidding did and now we are paying that price. I lost friends at the WTC in NY and had friends and family working the cleanup etc. I know first hand how tragic it all was and is. Friends and family came from Ireland when they had nothing more than most third world countries. My parents were third world poor as Ireland was that poor, until the 80's. They came with good intentions and wanting to better their lives and the lives of their children. They are very angry as am I at those that destroyed the WTC and took the lives of their children and my friends. I am NOT defending why those assholes did what they did. Again, I am not defending why those assholes did what they did, but those Muslims radicals are not or should not be the only ones to carry the blame. Look to our leaders, rich and powerful and our policies that have brought this **** to out shores, because we ****** with them and their way of life.

I also understand and believe in survival of the fittest and at the same time know damn well most of us are good, decent people who don't believe in war, imperialism and going into other countries to steal resources etc.

Think about this: Most people, even those in those radical countries we are at odds with, get up, go to work or school, have kids, play, laugh etc just like we do and have NO interest in us or messing with us, just like most of us want to be left alone. The point is 6 billion people in the world and at best maybe a few thousand extremely rich and powerful with their own agenda are running it and ruining it for the rest of us and putting us at odds with each other. We are truly more alike than different and yes that even goes for countries and cultures that are drastically different.

Do the research. Read about how Teddy Roosevelt's grandson who worked for the CIA, helped over throw Mosaddeq, The Prime MInister of Iran in a coup. We are still paying for that today, because of our interference at the request of the brits.

Research how the CIA always had things in control during the cold war and that RUssia by the late 50's was not even really a threat, due to the outmoded military and aging equipment they had. Russia and our government kept its' people at odds with each other with lies and propaganda making things seem more intense and worse than they actually were. Please we had Castro's sister working for the CIA, so we were more involved and in control than our own propaganda was letting us know.

Look at the current leader of Afghan, Karzai, whose brother works for the CIA, meanwhile he is connected with the Poppy drug lords/taliban tribal leaders who we give our own weapons to in exchange for billions in profits from Heroin. The whole convoluted mess makes me sick and really pissed off.

I know. I am unamerican, unpatriotic, and if I am not with you I must be against you. Well, I can tell you first hand from my mouth to your ears, DO NOT BELIEVE THOSE LIES AND BUY INTO THAT DIVISIVENESS. IT IS A LIE!! BUT PLEASE DO NOT BUY INTO THE LIES WE ARE READILY TOLD IN THE NAME OF PATRIOTISM AND THE FLAG. THOSE ARE CORRUPT AND EVIL PEOPLE SELLING THAT LYING PROPAGANDA. WE NEED TO GET RID OF THOSE FEW RICH AND POWERFUL IN THE WORLD WHICH INCLUDES OUR LEADERS AND THEIRS.

I know, a french guy, but he said this 300 years ago:

"Don't be deceived when they tell you things are better now. Even if there's no poverty to be seen because the poverty's been hidden. Even if you ever got more wages and could afford to buy more of these new and useless goods which industries foist on you and even if it seems to you that you never had so much, that is only the slogan of those who still have much more than you. Don't be taken in when they paternally pat you on the shoulder and say that there's no inequality worth speaking of and no more reason to fight because if you believe them they will be completely in charge in their marble homes and granite banks from which they rob the people of the world under the pretence of bringing them culture. Watch out, for as soon as it pleases them they'll send you out to protect their gold in wars whose weapons, rapidly developed by servile scientists, will become more and more deadly until they can with a flick of the finger tear a million of you to pieces." -- Jean Paul Marat, 18th Century French Visionary

hughmcjr
11-11-2009, 02:54 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Mosaddeq

Smallaxe
11-11-2009, 07:56 AM
... If I had to guess I would say the conservatives don't like muslims and the "others" are willing to accept everything and would rather make peace then PROTECT their people at home!

AMAZING~!

I disagree with 'conservatives' not 'trusting' muslims. I believe 'Americans' that love our Constitution and the freedoms it provides, don't trust Muslims. If we are not under Sharia Law, then we will be destroyed, by Muslims. It is a survival issue, not a political one.

Smallaxe
11-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Hugh says: "There is a large group of Americans that hate anyone who is not EXACTLY like them, especially Muslims through no fault of their own, and would like to wipe everyone off the face of the earth, especially Muslims, who don't live, act and believe the same propaganda they do."...

I say, I don't hate Muslims, but I fully intend to take seriously , the Muslim threat against my country and family. Chavez is no different than the Khomenis, or Kim Jong Ill and his brother Menta Lee Ill. Declared enemies of America are enemies. In your case your 'religion' declares kill all the infidels. I would leave that so-called cult, but wait, your parents will run you over with a car if you convert to something else.
We come in peace... :laugh:
The guy that killed American soldiers should be shovelling pig manure the rest of his life.

This whole idea of: "If you don't be politically correct, and kiss everybody's butt, then you are just filled with hate" - needs to stop.
It is the World View of sissies and punks, who are going to be kicked around their whole lives.

phasthound
11-11-2009, 09:01 AM
mentally unstable huh :confused: how long are we going to ride that pony? i am sick and tired of others killing and the excuse is he was mentally unstable.. thats no excuse... i hope he is put to death for what he did.....

This is what I said;
No way in hell am I trying to stand up for this scum bag. I don't care if he's a terrorist or mentally ill, he deserves to fry in hell.
I do not believe I said anything about excusing him. Don't put words in my mouth. If you don't understand what I'm saying, just ask me for clarification. For what it's worth, I am against the insanity plea for any killings.

gregory
11-11-2009, 09:39 AM
This is what I said;
No way in hell am I trying to stand up for this scum bag. I don't care if he's a terrorist or mentally ill, he deserves to fry in hell.
I do not believe I said anything about excusing him. Don't put words in my mouth. If you don't understand what I'm saying, just ask me for clarification. For what it's worth, I am against the insanity plea for any killings.

then we are on the same page on this one then....thank you for clearing that up...

phasthound
11-11-2009, 09:48 AM
then we are on the same page on this one then....thank you for clearing that up...

You're welcome. I believe that when people get past the rhetoric, they find they have much more in common than they first thought possible.

Smallaxe
11-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Insanity plea for killings? You mean a perfectly sane religous nut massacres a bunch of people, shooting them in the back? Define sanity. Define hate. It was a Love Crime because I did it for Allah. :laugh: It was the sanist thing I've ever done because it is jihad.
Bacon and wine for life.