PDA

View Full Version : financing?

David Gretzmier
11-08-2009, 10:21 PM
I always have been a deal maker, giving some things free for a year like a wreath or garland around the door, and then after they fall in love with it over the season, getting to bill out for the add on the next year.

I have also virtually financed more than a few folks in the past by getting 1/2 down and then just not being very aggressive about collecting out the other half until February or march. and honestly, several folks just flat out don't pay me til the lights need to go up the following year.

I am considering getting a little more aggressive and offering more a finance plan this year to close some deals. I still need half down, but then maybe do the rest in 3 monthly payments in December, january, February.

What do you guys think?

hotrod1965
11-09-2009, 09:54 AM
I like it because it can give your customers some flex.

It does have some backfire writen on it though. Sure you'll get half down, and maybe your first payment, but once lights are down..ect will you get the next two payments?

It has some risk on your end, so be careful.

wurkn with amish
11-09-2009, 05:06 PM
We did it with one lady last year, it took awhile to get our money.

turf hokie
11-09-2009, 05:39 PM
We did it with one customer last year as well, we now have a lein on their house and waiting to get one on the bank account.