PDA

View Full Version : scag kawi 19hp

A Leaf Above
11-10-2009, 06:18 PM
I have a tiger cub with a 19hp which is way down on power ..Thought is was the left coil but thats not the problem ..Pulled left plug wire off and engine still runs same , reconnected left wire and remove the right wire and she just dies ..Replaced coil thinkin that this was problem but still same ...Anyone of have any suggestions on what to check or troubleshoot ..Im thinkin it may be internal in the left head ? If its just a head problem , you think i should just replace whole motor ? It has 2100 hours now ...

Restrorob
11-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Did you try a new spark plug ?

If so,
Take the valve over off that side then check the rockers and push-rods, Could be as simple as the valves wore out of adjustment and dropped a push-rod out.

Valve adjustment procedure if needed;

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/Kawasaki/FH/ALLFHSeriesValveAdjustment.jpg

A Leaf Above
11-11-2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks restrorob ...I cant check it today due to a full day but will absolutely check tomarrow am ....Thanks a bunch .

A Leaf Above
12-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Well i finally got a chance to check the machine out today ...Been very busy still so i finally got the chance... Pulled off valve cover to find out that the bolt in center of rocker arm was snapped in half ... So i just ordered parts ..new rocker arm ,push rod and the bolt ...$12.00 ....Thanks Restorob ...Appreciate the help on this matter ...

pugs
12-17-2009, 12:42 PM
For future reference if you start replacing coils.....try testing the spark with the coils disconnected from each other. On Kawasaki's a bad coil can be grounding out a good one so the good one is not sparking and looks bad.

A Kawasaki tech once told me to just replace them in pairs if you have a bad one. Not sure if they are still recommending this or not...but their vtwin coils are relatively cheap compared to others so might be a good practice.

A Leaf Above
12-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Pugs ,
I will definately keep that in mind ...Thanks