PDA

View Full Version : Cement Paver Edging

FLandscaping
11-11-2009, 09:25 AM
I have done 12 paver walkways and countless walls. I am unhappy with how the plastic edging looks on these walkways. I feel like it looks cheap and doesnt hold up as well as concrete/mortar edging. I have several walkways lined up in the spring and would like to switch methods of edging. I have several questions though. Do you put something as a temporary edge when compacting after the brick has been laid or do you cement and tamp while the mortar is hardening. I have been trying to find details on how these guys get the edging perfectly level (the most outside brick) with the rest of the walkway and use the concrete. It looks superb. Please get back to me with and tips for using this type of edging. It really holds up well from what I've seen from my competitors.

Bigred350
11-11-2009, 10:13 PM
We use steel edging. Like what you use to edge lansdcaping beds with. We hammer it down after all the pavers are layed and cut. We put it about 1/2" lower than the top of the pavers. You can see it once your done and it works very good.

Stillwater
11-12-2009, 04:23 AM
I have done 12 paver walkways and countless walls. I am unhappy with how the plastic edging looks on these walkways. I feel like it looks cheap and doesnt hold up as well as concrete/mortar edging. I have several walkways lined up in the spring and would like to switch methods of edging. I have several questions though. Do you put something as a temporary edge when compacting after the brick has been laid or do you cement and tamp while the mortar is hardening. I have been trying to find details on how these guys get the edging perfectly level (the most outside brick) with the rest of the walkway and use the concrete. It looks superb. Please get back to me with and tips for using this type of edging. It really holds up well from what I've seen from my competitors.

Type of pave edging is sometimes determined by the design of the area to be paved and what material you are using. professionally installed paver edging cannot be seen in the finished product. Something tells me you are not using the appropriate edging. take a picture of your installed edging and post it.