PDA

View Full Version : needing advise

bulldogg
11-11-2009, 09:03 PM
I have been using old backpack blowers and variou weedeaters this season, which happen to be my first. Now that I am sure to stay in this business I am going to buy some good commercial equipment. My question is, I have a sthil dealer and shindaiwa dealer here. What are the opinions of the experienced users of these different brands. Which one should I use for the blowers and trimmers. Thanks for all the help

laird006
11-11-2009, 09:45 PM
All I run is stihl, and its all we run at my work (golf course and HOA). I like Stihl equipment.

However like all on here, go with what your best dealer will be, around here you can't beat my Stihl dealer.

bulldogg
11-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I have yet to use either dealer and the people I have asked will not say much. The LCO's around this area act like the hate eachother.

GLlawncare
11-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I have stihl stuff, if I were you I'd get a stihl fs80r it will last you a long time probably an upwards of4-5 years. I have a trimmer with the same engine that runs regulary that's 10 years old.

93Chevy
11-11-2009, 10:29 PM
I have more experience with Shindaiwa than Stihl. I like their equipment, but I won't pretend to have as much experience as others on this site. I run Echo for myself, but if I were you, I'd go to the dealers and see which one treats you better.

unkownfl
11-11-2009, 10:38 PM
to be honest by the one for the best price. Dealer support I guess is ok to have but to be honest not to much goes wrong with either of them and when it does it is normally cheaper or easier to replace the whole unit. Get which one feels better to you.

Allens LawnCare
11-12-2009, 09:08 AM
I have yet to use either dealer and the people I have asked will not say much. The LCO's around this area act like the hate eachother.

Thats very common, it's good to network in your area, things happen and there will be a day you need a hand or they need one. Keep trying. As far as the dealers go....who do you use now.

chevyguy$$
11-14-2009, 09:03 PM
they both are good!!

CapitalLawnGroup
11-14-2009, 09:15 PM
all stihl all the way!