PDA

View Full Version : I love my new answering service

David Gretzmier
11-11-2009, 08:50 PM
answering service is a great 100-300 buck investment for November. forward your number to them, Human answers the phone with your business name, they text you. no more hang ups. also, you can screen out folks selling you junk, trying to get donations, and folks selling advertising.

last few years, when folks would leave a voicemail, I always got overwhelmed calling folks back fast because I felt they immediately called someone else . Now I feel I can call folks back within the hour. many folks say they talked to my secretary...So it makes you appear more professional. also, having the text on my phone gives me thier name, number, and address on the text. very easy to call back and write down appointment. If I had an Iphone, I suppose I could cut and paste the text to my calendar, and then use GPS to map the way, but I'm just not that tech savvy.

christmas79
11-11-2009, 09:17 PM
That's what I use on my other business www.Greenwerkspro.com but I going to use it now on landscaping. It's a good idea!

JayD
01-02-2010, 12:02 AM
answering service is a great 100-300 buck investment for November. forward your number to them, Human answers the phone with your business name, they text you. no more hang ups. also, you can screen out folks selling you junk, trying to get donations, and folks selling advertising.

last few years, when folks would leave a voicemail, I always got overwhelmed calling folks back fast because I felt they immediately called someone else . Now I feel I can call folks back within the hour. many folks say they talked to my secretary...So it makes you appear more professional. also, having the text on my phone gives me thier name, number, and address on the text. very easy to call back and write down appointment. If I had an Iphone, I suppose I could cut and paste the text to my calendar, and then use GPS to map the way, but I'm just not that tech savvy.

I know your thread is a little old, but that why I searched for it. I wanted to do something like that with the phone thing. I have had many call and not leave a message and If I am lucky enough to See it and call back quickly, most of the time I get work out of it, but they are calling others while your not answering.....

So what did you look under to find a service that does that for you....

addictedtolandscaping
01-02-2010, 11:37 AM
I did the exact same thing this year. It costs me about 35.00 a month, but also get instant text messages. I was able to isolate which ones I wanted immediate notification on as we offer so many different services. I got so many one day, i think I spent more time on the phone than I did installing.

JayD
01-02-2010, 11:45 AM
I did the exact same thing this year. It costs me about 35.00 a month, but also get instant text messages. I was able to isolate which ones I wanted immediate notification on as we offer so many different services. I got so many one day, i think I spent more time on the phone than I did installing.

Who do you use? Are they just a loco company or one that is for all over.

addictedtolandscaping
01-02-2010, 11:48 AM
All over, answer phone in Florida. I usually call in on my office number and each and every time they are prompt to answer and very professional.

JayD
01-02-2010, 11:52 AM
All over, answer phone in Florida. I usually call in on my office number and each and every time they are prompt to answer and very professional.

Can you give me more details like what is their company name and web site. Do they answer with a live person and do they have they have basic info about your company in case the caller asked questions....

Thanks

addictedtolandscaping
01-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Both. A live person answers the phone, you have to fill out an info list prior to them setting up your account like services you provide etc. The people I have dealt with tthe have spoken with them are very satisfied that they speak to a real person.

bluediamond
02-22-2010, 06:44 PM
What is the name of the company you use. I was looking to do the same thing this year but they were more expensive than what you are paying

addictedtolandscaping
02-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Answer phone, they are located in Fla. For the 35 a month, I just leave it active, makes life alot easier.

milsaps118
02-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Is this it...............? http://www.answerphoneusa.com/

JayD
02-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Answer phone, they are located in Fla. For the 35 a month, I just leave it active, makes life alot easier.

Well tell us more, your not going to leave us hanging are you.....

How's it work?
Do they talk to a live person?
If so, what all will they say or get involved?
Is it for just 8 HRS a day or when ever you switch it over?
??????

DUSTYCEDAR
02-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Its a cool idea

addictedtolandscaping
02-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Nope, 24 hours a day. You provide them with whatever info you want conveyed to the caller, I have been really impressed. Live, person which we all know id key, very professional, prompt message. As I said for 35 bucks, how can you go wrong.

jeeperscrow
03-10-2014, 01:05 AM
Is Answer Phone still just $35 a month? Still using it...working good? Is this the website for it...
http://www.answerphoneusa.com/

addictedtolandscaping
03-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Nope, they really dropped the ball so I dropped them. Apparently went through some in house changes, continuous billing issues, failed to respond to multiple calls and emails, so out the door they went