PDA

View Full Version : Starting over.

skclawncare
11-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Hello everyone. I am currently in the process starting a solo operation. My best friend and I owned a successful lawncare company for two years. We did close to 500 yards our first yr only working weekends and evenings but we just didn't have the right equipment. We decided to sell the company while everything still worked. I haven't done anything for the last year or so but now's the time and I am excited to start up a whole new biz all by myself. I'm looking forward to having a great company and getting back to mowing some grass!

GraZHopA
11-12-2009, 10:05 AM
It sounds like you are already familiar with the business. Good luck with your endeavor!

I personally would be interested to know what equipment you were using when "we just didn't have the right equipment" and what equipment you plan to use to rectify this.

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
11-12-2009, 10:17 AM
???? Is that 500 yards for the hole year or 500 clients ??
Or did you have around 15 clients and cut each clients yard around 33 time per year making a total of 500 cuts? That sounds like 15 yards a weekend not bad.

skclawncare
11-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the response guys. We mowed a "total" of 500 yards for the whole year. We had about 25-30 regular clients which most were biweekly, and then 10+ extra or odd jobs that would call each week. We had passed out a lot of flyers and advertised pretty aggressive in different local newspapers. Word of mouth had the best effect. As for the equipment, we had a 50in & 42 zero turn Cub Cadets and a 36in Cub Cadet walk-behind. We didn't know any better and bought them from Home Depot! For the amount of work we were doing they just couldn't hold up. I am thinking of going John Deere starting out this time, I can't afford a whole lot. Ultimately I'd like to get 2 Wright Standers. A guy can dream! Any suggetions would be great. Thx.

g21
11-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Let me know if you need any help with anything.

Good Luck!

Tommy