PDA

View Full Version : year round clients

JcoMow
11-11-2009, 11:06 PM
The two guys I used to mow with dont have year round clients but they both used to work with groups that did and don't know how they got them.

Does anyone here have a client that pays them 12 months out of the year?

If so, then how did you get them to pay year round?

Thanks!

unkownfl
11-11-2009, 11:07 PM
I do I charge 40 cuts then divide by 12 gives them a flat rate year around. Of course I have contracts for this.

CkLandscapingOrlando
11-12-2009, 07:23 AM
I charge all 52 weeks. We live in Fl. though. I also show up all 52 with very few exceptions even if to blow off a drive way. All my detail shifts to biweek in the winter as well. If they dont want to pay year round then I add charges for roundup and anything I might do in the winter

Premier landscaping south
11-12-2009, 01:05 PM
I have a few annuals. It just depends on the client. I have had people jump on the idea and others just can't see paying when I am not their every week. It gives me a more steady income which is a good thing. I think in the age of financing everything from cars to pets it is going to be a more common thing in the future.

Be careful and ask some basic questions before you offer an annual agreement. Rent or own? How long at the residence. You should get a feel for the ability of the customer to be able to comment.

I use and agreement which is really a legal contract. I call it an "Mowing Agreement" to make it sound better. first 30 days each party has a right to cancell agreement. Protects you as well as the client.

JcoMow
11-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Hmmm...interesting.

I don't think I will (or would) gain any year round clients in my first year on my own.

Something to shoot for in the future.

a clear difference lawn
11-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I have 60 year round accounts. I go to bi-weekly Dec throgh March. I just bill a flat monthly rate and nobody seems to mind.

SunState Lawn Care inc
11-12-2009, 10:32 PM
I do I charge 40 cuts then divide by 12 gives them a flat rate year around. Of course I have contracts for this.

Same here except most of ours we have gone to 38 cuts some are still 40 cuts x $ per divided by 12 equals your monthly amount.

the_aerator
11-14-2009, 08:05 AM
There a few ways to get them. 1. Market for them, on your business cards or flyers have them say "year round maintenance". It will take longer to build a client list this way but in time you will have more than you can handle. 2. You can scale back the service. Weekly accounts during peak times go biweekly during off season. Biweekly accounts go once per month during off season. Also you have to work areas of town that have the most people willing to go year around. You are more likely to get someone to doit if the neighbors are doing it too.
Posted via Mobile Device

CkLandscapingOrlando
11-14-2009, 06:35 PM
It also depends on your market. I have a nice chunk of clients that pay me by the week but just once a month. Now they get about 30min during the mowing season so I will keep working every week all winter. This is when you take a landscape to the next level in a warm climate. I can just mosey around with hand snipes cutting a few oranges off a limb thats to heavy. Or clean up some plant interiors. And then when I got bigger fish to fry I just skip them and adjust the bill.

lawnprosteveo
11-14-2009, 08:30 PM
The ones I have that are yearly asked me about year round service. Thats how they preferred doing it. Most of my customers have work done 10 months out of the year. It would be easy to figure what the yearly total is and then divide by 12. I could then just ask them if we could set it up on one set monthly fee.