PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to price

Big Reggie Regg
11-12-2009, 11:43 PM
When doing a leaf job what is the best way you to get payed.Should you charge hourly or a flat rate ..

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-13-2009, 01:52 AM
what do you mean by a 'leaf job'?
Bagging a lawn? Complete fall cleanup?
If fall cleanup, I charge by the hour including time spent hauling leaves to the brush dump.

ghfire
11-13-2009, 02:27 PM
All ways go high when doing leaves.

punt66
11-13-2009, 02:31 PM
i always charge flat rate. You dont need customers watching you taking a break etc. That being said i base my price with time. I can tell by looking at a job how long it will take and charge from there.

lukemelo216
11-13-2009, 04:06 PM
once you know how fast/slow you work you can tell pretty quickly the amount of time something should take. Once you have that down, multiply that by your hourly rate. For your first few jobs bid a little higher. When I started if I thought the job would be 2 hours, id bid 2.5 so, $150 plus tax. And you need to do it on different size properties, small medium and large. Now I can walk up to a house walk the property observe it and figure it will take me 1.5 hours and bid $90 or something. It just takes time to learn your capabilities. When I get into real big jobs, generally over 4 man hours I tell them it will be hourly and usually bump up my hourly charge 10$ or so.

XLS
11-15-2009, 12:01 AM
i say base it by the hour if your unsure of the job at hand with a minimum . then next year you know what you needed to make on it and can flat rate it and rase the price if needed.