PDA

View Full Version : ECHO 755 blower starves when hot

khutch
11-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Blower is a couple months old, after 30-40 min. continuous use, it acts like a fuel filter clog, will not run above idle. Thought it was a filter issue, but only does it after long use (??!?) New unit, haven't owned one before - Speaking of fuel filter, how do you get to the fuel filter? Used to Sthil were you just reach in and grab it!

madmower
11-13-2009, 09:49 AM
sounds like fuel cap not venting try cracking the cap open when it hapens next

bill

ed2hess
11-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Best way to check fuel filter is pull the fuel line off at carb and suck on it to see if it is open. Doubt that is problem after two months more like the temp has changed and will need to tweek high needle valve on carb a little. Echo has a breather on it and if opening the cap fixes your problem replace the white colored breather......hooks on one of the lines going into the fuel tank. I would guess the spark arrestor is okay but this is a good time to take it out if it has one.

topsites
11-14-2009, 08:18 PM
30-40 minutes sounds like about that time, have you tried filling it back up
when it starts to acting like that?

All I know...
Don't let them run out of gas, on that note, don't let them run low.

khutch
11-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Out of gas is not the problem.......Tank is good for about an hour and change.
Fuel filter does not fix it, taking gas cap off to vent does not do it....Dealer thinks it might be bad ignition coil, so I will take it in under warranty. Still going to use it till it bogs down every day then switch to the Stihl 420 until leaf season is over.