PDA

View Full Version : Answering the phone....what to say?

Slcareco
11-13-2009, 02:05 PM
I was curious when you answer or return calls, what do you say and what information do you get out of them and how do you go about it?

punt66
11-13-2009, 02:13 PM
I say hello :)

Kennedy Landscaping
11-13-2009, 02:22 PM
I generally say hello, then collect address and phone number. Then if I'm returning a call I say Hi this is Austin with Kennedy Landscaping...

NIXRAY
11-13-2009, 02:25 PM
It depends on if its both your personal and your company line.
If you have a company only line; "Hello this is (your name) with (your company name) how can I help you?"
or again if its just your company line, greet them with your comapny name.
you can also use the first option when returning calls, but add in there you are returning a call. As far as what kinda info to give, I belive in NEVER EVER EVER giving a est. over the phone, make a mutal time you can meet with that possible client, but never agree to a price over the phone.....also I would suggest looking into a seperate line, maybe the "Boost unlimited" for $50 a month

Slcareco
11-13-2009, 02:41 PM
thanks nixray thats exactly what I been doing ok cool, just wanted to see how others were doing it.

I just got a call before for a cleanup scheduled the appt then she called back a lil bit after saying her husband found someone ... oh welll

lukemelo216
11-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Ya I have a seperate line for each. My office phone i just answer (company name) this is (name) how can I help you today. Then with my vmail for the company phone it says thanks for calling (company) sorry we cant get to the call.......etc and at the end i say if your in need of immediate asst please call (me) and my cell number.

On my cell if its a number Idk I just answer hello this is (name), but If i know the person just hello then. Just make sure if you have 1 phone your vmail is professional, not a bunch of garbage and other music and stuff. Mine is really simple youve reach (name) with (company) sorry i cant take your call right now...............etc.

Slcareco
11-13-2009, 05:01 PM
yeah im using my cell at the moment with a simple professional VM for now

DLAWNS
11-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Ya I have a seperate line for each. My office phone i just answer (company name) this is (name) how can I help you today. Then with my vmail for the company phone it says thanks for calling (company) sorry we cant get to the call.......etc and at the end i say if your in need of immediate asst please call (me) and my cell number.

On my cell if its a number Idk I just answer hello this is (name), but If i know the person just hello then. Just make sure if you have 1 phone your vmail is professional, not a bunch of garbage and other music and stuff. Mine is really simple youve reach (name) with (company) sorry i cant take your call right now...............etc.

That's exactly how I answer my phones.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Use your business name in your conversation, and make sure to get the potential customer's name, addy, and ph #. If they won't give it and insist on an over the phone estimate, let em go. You need to see what you will potentially be working on.

PestPro
11-19-2009, 12:16 PM
I always answer my office phone or cell phone the same way. company name this is Harold. How may I help you?

SangerLawn
11-19-2009, 04:43 PM
We just say company name. get the callers name, address, phone numbers (work, home, and cell), then ask where they got your number

mdvaden
11-19-2009, 07:00 PM
We have caller ID.

Sometimes "Hello"

Other times "Hello this is Mario"

Or "Hello this is Mario Vaden"

Nothing very formal. Callers usually know either my first name or our last name, so the first or last name seems to work okay for our needs.

mowerdude777
11-19-2009, 08:05 PM
I currently have my home and busnises as the same I am getting another cell before next season and am using that for work, When I return calls or just calling a coustomer to inform them of any problomes I always say hi this is Ryan from MowTown Lawn Services

STIHL GUY
11-19-2009, 11:45 PM
my voicemail has my first and last name and says that i will get back to them as soon as i can. when i answer the phone i say hello and when i make a call i say hi this is (name)

Paradise Landscapes
12-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Good day! This is Charles of Paradise Landscapes. What can we do you to make your day a "better" day? ( Get Full name, Addy, and Phone number as I write stuff down, I repeat message just to be sure I have it all AND sometimes, they will add things.)

PS: If you can hear kids or dogs in the background, you started building raport with the client!