PDA

View Full Version : Who's rolled a pipe puller??!!

DanaMac
05-14-2002, 07:41 PM
Dumped my first one ever, on its side today. Had to upright it with my truck. And it started right up too. A little smoke blew out the exhaust for about 5 minutes, but otherwise all is fine. And it's a rental since I don't own one. I've had other scary situations with them in the past, but this is the first time dumping it.

Also what brand do you all use? This rental is a Ditch Witch. I've also used the Case and Vermeers years ago. Anybody using the Toro Dingo or similar machine for pulling?

Don't kill me for calling it a pipe puller. It's what I've called it from the beginning. Cable plow, vibratory plow, whatever. I will always call it a pipe puller.

HBFOXJr
05-14-2002, 08:37 PM
Everybody has done it, no biggie. I use a Case Maxi sneaker.

Ground Master
05-15-2002, 06:32 PM
I can see how you could roll a ditch witch puller.........personally I think they suck. Case sneakers are the way to go, but not sure if anyone rents one in the springs. Ocassionally, I've seen older Case units for sale......just might bite the bullet if I find one (buy it)......perhaps I'll even rent it out to irrigation guys.

Wick
05-15-2002, 07:37 PM
DanaMac

I own a ditch witch plow and just bought a Kanga with a bunch of attatchments- includung a vibratory plow. It is awesome. I haven't used the witch since I got the Kanga (almost the same as the Dingo). It wont do 100% of what the Ditch Witch did, but it will come close. Not only will it pull pipe, it can trench, backfill, powerake, bore, drill, you name it theyve got the attatchment to do it.