PDA

View Full Version : portable vacum

drobin
11-13-2009, 04:56 PM
I have a z intermediate and this season I found myself changing material from the hopper using a cup, it took way too long, do you guys use a battery operated vacum or what to get the hopper clean to put a different material in there.

chrisby316
11-13-2009, 05:30 PM
paper coffee cup = most valuable tool in the truck. scoop out of the hopper, spread seed, catch leaky gas, measure chemicals, hold soil test, hold water to rinse, etc. the list goes on and on. of course all of these are in emergency situations only. :)

jbturf
11-13-2009, 08:37 PM
i keep a hps in the front of my trailer to spread all amendment products, gran control
products, anything but ferts

and that way keep running the same fert product most the time outa the PG,

ur not kidding though, its a pita when you gotta scoop is out, time consuming

ive had in the back of my mind an idea rigging up a dewalt 18v vac to suck it out and
dispense it back into the bag all in one action--this winter ill have to finally act on it
and figure that out

RigglePLC
11-14-2009, 03:00 PM
I got the idea here. Batt operated dustbuster. I also have a couple bird feeder scoops and a tiny wisk broom to get those last few particles. Still time-consuming, PITA. You might investigate the vacuum for cars that plugs into your truck cigerette lighter. If you have a Z-Spray, or PG like the Ultra that has a battery--rewire with a cigarette lighter, so you can plug it into your circuit and have a self-powered vacuum.