PDA

View Full Version : Is the season really almost over ?

a plus bob
11-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Seems like just yesterday I was busting butt to get my Rd 1 done!Then the rush to beat the dandy's,then the rush to beat the grubs,then the rush to beat the Jap. Beatles,then rush to beat the leaves.Now nothing to do plan my winter tear down on equipment,and new ideas to build.This was the fastest season I ever remember in 20 + yrs.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
11-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Seems like just yesterday I was busting butt to get my Rd 1 done!Then the rush to beat the dandy's,then the rush to beat the grubs,then the rush to beat the Jap. Beatles,then rush to beat the leaves.Now nothing to do plan my winter tear down on equipment,and new ideas to build.This was the fastest season I ever remember in 20 + yrs.

I hear ya! Same here! At least we have had great wether to finish up with:)

a plus bob
11-14-2009, 01:22 PM
I hear ya! Same here! At least we have had great wether to finish up with:)

Yeah hard to believe I did a leaf removal this week in shorts :dizzy:

Service 1st Lawn Care
11-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah hard to believe I did a leaf removal this week in shorts :dizzy:

Yep Mother Nature cooperated in November after that wet October, had me a little worried a lot of money was out there now just only about 20 aerations to do then done.

Hey Bob hows it going?

a plus bob
11-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Yep Mother Nature cooperated in November after that wet October, had me a little worried a lot of money was out there now just only about 20 aerations to do then done.

Hey Bob hows it going?

Better with my Bluebird aerator :) Thanks again its been a easy aeration season!couple more to do and about a wk. of fall ferts.

grassman177
11-14-2009, 03:45 PM
bob, wasup. i kknow, fast season. i think it was due to being sooooo busy with the great year we had. never slowed down for a blink. we started our winterizing today. we changed oil in every honda we have. that is because our spray tanks use honda, and so does all our verticutters and aerators. haha. we also washed them, greased them and lubed the throttle cables. they are ready to sit all winter after we get the new plugs and air filters in and on.

br549oicu8
11-14-2009, 05:56 PM
bob, wasup. i kknow, fast season. i think it was due to being sooooo busy with the great year we had. never slowed down for a blink. we started our winterizing today. we changed oil in every honda we have. that is because our spray tanks use honda, and so does all our verticutters and aerators. haha. we also washed them, greased them and lubed the throttle cables. they are ready to sit all winter after we get the new plugs and air filters in and on.

Good job, my son!!
Yeah. We get all the equipment spiffy and ready to go for next time. We change plugs, filters, etc...and oil of course. Any parts in need of replacement are ordered and installed prior to putting anything away. I don't like having to mess with stuff right when you really need it.
Next up....detail the spray trucks!!!
Woohoo!! My guys sure love this stuff!! LOL!!!

indyturf
11-14-2009, 08:21 PM
I have 6 more working days of the late fall application and 2 aeration's still to do, it has been a fast season!! then go thru the PG's for the winter with new belts, cables and paint the wheels. I need to get my box-truck set up the way I want it inside and have the graphics put on. I have been working out of it the last couple months and have to say it makes my days easier.. sooooooo much fun riding the PG down the ramp in neutral!!!

grassman177
11-14-2009, 09:34 PM
nice, sounds fun. i too have about 5 or 6 days left for my normal contract work. i was going to get that done before thanksgiving but looks like other wise due to rain in the forcast for at least the next three to four days. boo!

a plus bob
11-14-2009, 10:00 PM
nice, sounds fun. i too have about 5 or 6 days left for my normal contract work. i was going to get that done before thanksgiving but looks like other wise due to rain in the forcast for at least the next three to four days. boo!

Rain in the forecast all next week :cry: I still have maybe 2 more cuts on my mowing also.And a couple landscape jobs I have put of all summer.

indyturf
11-14-2009, 11:00 PM
I figure it will take me 3 weeks to get 6 good work days in.. with the holidays, weather and leaves

grassman177
11-14-2009, 11:52 PM
that sucks. i know i have been there before in a season. i am anxious to end this one an d take a break from the day in day out of hard work.lol

RigglePLC
11-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Indy, I will never roll down the ramp in neutral with my PG again. Very scary! Start the motor and roll down in reverse. Stand on the ground. Unless, of course you have a box van--you don't want to die like that guy in Michigan 3 yers ago.

indyturf
11-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Yep I have a Box-truck, the ramp is 10ft long. not too dangerous and kinda fun!
Definitely wouldn't try it out of a regular van!!

chevyguy$$
11-15-2009, 04:26 PM
do u guys kno if this will work my yard is nt level can i put leafs on the part thats not and dirt on top of it it should be fine right??? help me

rcreech
11-15-2009, 06:05 PM
300 some lawns to go and we will be done for the year!

This has been a VERY long year it seems.

Started out losing about 8% of our clients before the season started and ended up growing over 40% growth for the year.

Hope next year goes half as good as this year!

What is everyone's take on this year?

Last year at this time I thought the world was falling with high priced fert and "recession".

Any surpises this year for you?

CHARLES CUE
11-15-2009, 06:10 PM
do u guys kno if this will work my yard is nt level can i put leafs on the part thats not and dirt on top of it it should be fine right??? help me

You know leafs dont decompose very good if you just cover them with some thing they lay flat and the air cant get to them my thoughts
Charles Cue

CHARLES CUE
11-15-2009, 06:17 PM
My year has been great for a small guy but the weather has been great the last month wish i had more to do 40s in the mornings high 60s to 70 in the after noons and mostly sunny what more could you ask for now working on next year going to dry fert all new to me
Charles Cue

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-16-2009, 01:07 AM
Season's over here as of last week, final clean-ups done. Your not kidding the season went fast, too fast. I love working for myself and pleasing my customers. NOW, I have a part-time night job at a local store that I work for start-up money for next season. I don't look forward to that too much but will take the cash.

Next April's comin.......................

grassman177
11-16-2009, 09:50 AM
yeah, almost there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

lawnangel1
11-16-2009, 08:45 PM
I still have my whole last round to cycle through...

a plus bob
12-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Forgot to mention yesterday I finished my yr. 53 and sunny it was a good day still had a few with leaves they got skipped and a note to call in early for rd 5 if they couldn't get leaves up next year.One lady came out and said I thought you forgot me.I said no you had a foot of leaves she said I wanted to make sure they were all down.I told her they have been down for months she just laughed and went inside:hammerhead: