PDA

View Full Version : too much pre emergent

lawnrx
11-14-2009, 07:31 PM
I would like to know if anyone has ever had a problem of putting down too much pre emergent? Here in Georgia we have had a lot of rain. Because of that I feel that too much has washed away, and I would like to put down another round. This would be for treatment of mostly bermuda grass. Any information would be great. Thanks

rwsawal04
11-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Well the rain did'nt wash it away, by it raining so much the preemerge don't last as long. It depends on what rate you use, preemerges has a rate per calender year. If you do put out another app. make sure it a small dose. Read the label to see the rate per calender year.

hughmcjr
11-14-2009, 11:56 PM
you can always put down another type of Pre M at full strength that would control what you are trying to if there are any available and that shouldn't conflict with the one you put down. You just have to check the label. I use almost strictly Dimension 2EW and mainly for weed control in beds. I am thinking of giving some commercial accounts better overlap of weed control in beds with something like Barricade on top of the Dimension.