PDA

View Full Version : Topdresser Indiana

GravelyGuy
11-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Does anyone know where I can rent a topdresser machine around the Lafayette area? I don't think any on the common rental stores around here have one or know what I'm talking about.

Thanks...

foreplease
11-18-2009, 06:50 AM
I have one, GrevelyGuy, but I am 2 1/2 hours north of you. I think your best bet is to stop by a few golf courses and get to know a couple of the superintendents. The all have them.

I am assuming you are talking about the tow behind units such as Mete-R-Matic. You can put down a lot of material with them and do a nice job.

GravelyGuy
11-18-2009, 10:25 AM
I have one, GrevelyGuy, but I am 2 1/2 hours north of you. I think your best bet is to stop by a few golf courses and get to know a couple of the superintendents. The all have them.

I am assuming you are talking about the tow behind units such as Mete-R-Matic. You can put down a lot of material with them and do a nice job.

Thanks, I think I'll have to get in pretty good with the golf course for them to let me rent one.

I have a 10,000 sq. ft lawn right now that needs done. The last lawn I did by hand was around 15K so I can do it by hand, but it sucks.

regularguy
11-18-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't know how far you would travel or how much you want to pay, but Burris Equipment in Frankfort Illinois has a Turfco CR-10 Fairway Top Dresser that they rent for - hold on to your hat - $500 per day, $1500 per week and $4500 for 4 weeks.

http://www.burrisequipment.com

815-464-6650

I believe that Lafayette Indiana is about two hours from Frankfort Illinois

GravelyGuy
11-18-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't know how far you would travel or how much you want to pay, but Burris Equipment in Frankfort Illinois has a Turfco CR-10 Fairway Top Dresser that they rent for - hold on to your hat - $500 per day, $1500 per week and $4500 for 4 weeks.

http://www.burrisequipment.com

815-464-6650

I believe that Lafayette Indiana is about two hours from Frankfort Illinois

Wow, I would never get enough jobs lined up to pay that much for one. Thanks for the info though.

foreplease
11-18-2009, 10:35 PM
First: I did not mean to mis-spell your name earlier.

Wow-that is some rental rate! For comparison, I paid $800 for my machine, which I bought used and in great condition from a local golf course 7-8 years ago. It still works exactly as it did the first day I got it. It is difficult to trailer on the typical tandem car hauler type trailer but it can be done. Hard to load is all.

Good luck with this.10K is too big to to by hand both practically and well.
Posted via Mobile Device