PDA

View Full Version : Tree Warranty

Delco
11-16-2009, 01:54 PM
I install all kinds of trees and I give a 3 month warranty.
The trees will die if they are unhealthy, bad root balls, or installed improperly in only a month or two. Which would be my fault.
If they die from too little or too much water, or disease, that is out of my hands.
Is 3 months a standard length for a warranty?

MarkintheGarden
11-16-2009, 06:24 PM
I offer no warranty or guarantee on any plants. All living things live until they die due to causes and conditions.

I do not loose many but I have replaced a few plants for free and some at discounted prices.

I have learned to inspect plants well before buying (pop some out of the container to be sure they are not root bound). Planting poorly can be avoided even if it means re-plant it to be sure it is in well.

I use rooting hormone and/or superthrive depending on the type of plants. It is important to know how to match plants to the area to be planted. I always give instructions for watering

Even if you do everything as well as possible, if the plant is not watered it will still die.
So I do not offer a warranty and I think that offering a warranty will only increase the possibility that a customer will neglect to water and count on the warranty.

Premier landscaping south
11-16-2009, 06:35 PM
If the beds or place where tree is planted has irrigation then I will warranty for 1 year. I make sure irrigation is working properly before warranty is granted. Although my nursery does not warranty the plants I buy they will "work" with me if I need to replace a plant or two.

With proper soil amendments along with digging a proper size hole, I have not had many problems.