PDA

View Full Version : Recent Job Pics

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
11-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Here are some pics from two recent jobs. I am still trying to figure out the camera, so some shots may still look too hot.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
11-16-2009, 09:59 PM
All the Hardscapes and Plantings are our work too.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
11-16-2009, 10:01 PM
A different Job

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
11-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Last few pics

JoeyD
11-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Awesome work!!!

Classic Lighting
11-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Good work. What fixtures are on the gutters? My only constructive critism is the garage area on both jobs. Looks like spots aimed at that area.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
11-18-2009, 12:24 PM
All the fixtures are Unique Lighting. the lights on the gutters are "Stellars" with 20w bulbs. The garage areas always pose a delima for me. I use "Big Bang" fixtures with par36 lights in them to wash the garage. normally it works fine except for when thre is cars parked in front. I don't like the idea of cutting through the concrete pad to install in ground up lights, so i put the p36's away from the house and angle back. what other methods work well? I am up for a better way of doing this.

JoeyD
11-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Awesome!!!

Downlighting from the eaves always produces a nice effect. Just graze the walls downward with a Probe or Comet! Would look especially nice with the brick you have there!

ron mexico75
11-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Looks great! I'm in landscaping and not lighting so I ask; what would a job like that cost for the front of the house only? I ask because I am considering having that done on my house in the next 2 years or so.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
11-18-2009, 02:22 PM
That job was $4,200.00 but that was tacked onto the end of a big hardscape/landscape job, so it was cheaper than i would have normally charged.

ron mexico75
11-18-2009, 02:28 PM
That job was $4,200.00 but that was tacked onto the end of a big hardscape/landscape job, so it was cheaper than i would have normally charged.

For the front only or the back too?

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
11-18-2009, 08:15 PM
that was just the front. Sorry Joey, but Unique is proud of their products and it is reflected in the prices. I have to say it is a great product though.

TXNSLighting
11-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Their prices are very just for their products. And theyre not that much more than other competitors..

Shawn Perkins
11-18-2009, 11:09 PM
NO PRICES HERE PLEASE!!!!!!!*trucewhiteflag*

Lite4
11-19-2009, 06:01 AM
Here is what I would do with that garage area because I can't tell you how much I hate glare bomb spot lights in the eyes + blasting from way out makes the brick look more flat and opaque than what you did with the wall grazing. You have gutters on both sides of that garage. I would have chased wire up that middle gutter and would have cut 3 - 3" low volt recessed cans into the soffit right above the brick. Put a linear spread lense on them and you are in business without blinding them as they walk to their cars. This is a good solution if you don't want to core and score concrete.

RLI Electric
11-19-2009, 06:52 AM
Tim, I was thinking the same thing. The cans you are referring to, are they line voltage with transformers on them or is just any low voltage can and run off the landscape transformer? Sorry for such a silly question, electrician habits die hard.

Pro-Scapes
11-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Bobby the cans we use in that scenario are a line voltage product BUT they have an internal transformer so they use an MR16 12v lamp. Good news is you can easily bypass this transformer and run off your remote trans so everything works seamless.

If you have alot of them it is often easier to just have the romex run by an electrician.

Stay tuned for pics of a house where I put in 63 fixtures of this type. Still waiting on the landscape to be done so the project is still dirty.

RLI Electric
11-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Awesome, can you play with trim types too? For instance pinholes or Alcatec (which is a name brand for Lightolier chrome) that eliminates the refraction and the light source would virtually disappear. This is the type of trim that I use indoors with the whole philosophy of "never seeing the source". Lastly which brand of fixture do you use for this?

Lite4
11-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Hey Bobby,
You can use a line voltage retro can with a transformer like Billy said. It is important to be using the same type of lamps in your cans that you are using on the ground lights so the color matches seemlessly. If I am using the line voltage cans I will use a UPB system to tie everything together. If you are looking for something simpler, you can simply buy 3 or 4" cans without the transformer attatched to it and simply pick a trim and wire these directly to your transformer. I do it all the time and it really is quick and effective.

RLI Electric
11-20-2009, 07:39 AM
You mentioned UPB systems, have you guys tried Lutrons Radio RA or even simply their wireless switch., Lutron won't guarantee it but I have used it successfully 300' away to turn on lights from the car visor controller at the end of a driveway. It is line voltage so I am assuming most states do require a licensed electrician to do it. I'm not sure how that effects the majority of the members here. Fortunately in CT, it is now a felony to do even low voltage work without a license. This benefits someone like me who IS licensed and has become infatuated with landscape lighting. No more service changes, PLEASE:)

Lite4
11-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Our company now has an electrical license and a full crew of electricians for anything we need to do from a sub panel addition, full panel change, or even the most simple wiring. Although I don't expect Licensure to become necessary in the state of Indiana anytime soon for low voltage, we are covered either way.

I have never tried the Lutron product for RF applications. I have used the ABT products successfully though.