PDA

View Full Version : Foam Marker?

Maple Wood
11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Anyone have feed back on the foam marker for a Z Spray.

I was spraying a 7.5 acre residential the other day and got lost several times. I could not see my tire tracks!

grassman177
11-17-2009, 04:45 PM
we use one and love it, every once in while you have to take it a part and rinse with hot water to disolve the soap scum, but worth it bigtime.

Volman
11-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Richway.com. On my second one & there invaluabe. Pay the extra for the switchable one. 7.5 residential. Thats nice

Maple Wood
11-17-2009, 05:30 PM
It was on a bankers place on the edge of town. Paid bankers wages too!:)

rcreech
11-17-2009, 06:09 PM
I will tell you what I think about a foam marker!

I bought one as a backup...just in case something happens to my other!

They are a must as it takes the guessing out of seeing where you are going and waste less product.

br549oicu8
11-17-2009, 06:11 PM
I will tell you what I think about a foam marker!

I bought one as a backup...just in case something happens to my other!

They are a must as it takes the guessing out of seeing where you are going and waste less product.

Which one are you using??

rcreech
11-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Which one are you using??

I have a Richway 4401 on my 3 pt sprayer...but the 2 I got for my Z I got from LT Rich.

Can't remember the model...but it is the one that Richway makes special for them.

grassman177
11-17-2009, 06:47 PM
yeah, they are really nice, we only have one on the max, as it does the most large sites, the other lawns do primarily small and fenced areas so it is not as easy to "get lost".

i guess it would be nice for them, but we have been ok as far as not using them on the smaller booms of the Jr and Intermediate for that reason

Grandview
11-18-2009, 08:40 AM
I have three Richway foamers. They are all good. The one gal model that came with my Z is my least favorite. You need to fill to often and produces small foam that can be hard to see. I have the 2 gal Turf tracker on my Z max. It produces bigger foam drops. I have the 4 gal model on my three point sprayer. All of my foamers only drop foam on my track. That is all I need even out to 30 feet. If I can rig a mount for a two gal on my Intermediate Z I will do it over winter. Foam just takes the guess work out of where you have been.

rcreech
11-18-2009, 09:24 AM
I have three Richway foamers. They are all good. The one gal model that came with my Z is my least favorite. You need to fill to often and produces small foam that can be hard to see. I have the 2 gal Turf tracker on my Z max. It produces bigger foam drops. I have the 4 gal model on my three point sprayer. All of my foamers only drop foam on my track. That is all I need even out to 30 feet. If I can rig a mount for a two gal on my Intermediate Z I will do it over winter. Foam just takes the guess work out of where you have been.

Grandview,

What are you using for your foam? I just go to Walmart and buy about 10-15 Dawn's at a time. I think we can get about 2-3 days out of a bottle. I have tried other brands and they just don't work as well for some reason. I have even found some of the "different" Dawn formulations don't work. I just buy the "original" stuff and it works great!

I am not sure why the 1 gallon unit wouldn't work better as far as not lasting and you can't see it well.

You have to refine your mix rate and that should fix the problem I would think.

I can get 3.5-4 acres out of 1 gallon and it drops a great ball.

If you are not using enough soap...that may be the problem?

On my 3 pt sprayer I have the 4401 which is 2 - 1 quart tanks and I can get about 2-3 acres out of it!

It is all about the mix rate from what I have found. If you don't add enought soap it won't last as long and is "too runny" and hard to see.

I am sure you knew all this...but still thought I would ask.

Grandview
11-18-2009, 01:46 PM
I use Heat Wave, a commercial foamer. I think a bigger collector on the one gal unit might fix the the problem.

Maple Wood
11-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks for all the replies. When I ordered my Z they said very few people use a foam marker. It looks like that if you want to do a good job on large properties you need to be one of those few.

I am going to start looking for a foam marker. I might buy it from LT Rich and add a directional valve.

I am thinking of adding extensions to my booms. Add some cam lever couplers at the end of my factory booms, and make a quick on and off extension. I would also extend the foam marker.

Anyone do something like this?