PDA

View Full Version : Preemerge Expiration

rwsawal04
11-17-2009, 10:08 PM
It rained the whole month of oct. I didnt get a chance to put out preemerge. Now a little henbit has germinated, but its no rain in forecast for the next week or so. If I go with some 3-way and simazine it will that henbit out. What I'm asking will that simazine expired on me,or how long can leave on ground before it rain?

ted putnam
11-18-2009, 12:38 AM
It rained the whole month of oct. I didnt get a chance to put out preemerge. Now a little henbit has germinated, but its no rain in forecast for the next week or so. If I go with some 3-way and simazine it will that henbit out. What I'm asking will that simazine expired on me,or how long can leave on ground before it rain?

Read the label. It's been a while since I have. I believe it says the application should be watered in within 20 days, but I'm not absolutely sure on that...

greendoctor
11-18-2009, 12:51 AM
Simazine should be watered in within 10 days of application. Heat and sunlight have a large effect on longevity and half-life of the chemical. Simazine works differently for me because none of my applications sit on a lawn longer than 48 hours without being watered in.

rwsawal04
11-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks Ted and greendoctor.