PDA

View Full Version : Good Security

ZKSLAWN
11-17-2009, 09:38 PM
anyone have any good ideas for a good way to make sure nothing gets stolen.. i don't have the funds to get the enclosed trailer just yet. my buddy who lives a street over just got his motorcycle stolen out of his garage.. so im not taking any chances

chainsaw-boy
11-17-2009, 11:21 PM
I would get a heavy duty chain and run it through all the equipment. I use a pretty good sized chain and wrap everything. Here in Cali, you can trust no one. My friends brother (who had done some work for me) walked off with my mower three years ago. I got it back though.:clapping:

Jake99
11-19-2009, 01:54 PM
You need a cheap and effective burgular alarm.............jake
www.ihateatheif.com

STIHL GUY
12-28-2009, 10:21 PM
i have my trailer locked in my garage and theres a lock on the trailer as well

Cummins343
12-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Yea, go out and buy a Saiga 12ga shotgun.

cmlandscapeconstruction
01-03-2010, 11:38 AM
first get the equipment inside or out of sight. second high powered motion lights, these should activate long before anyone gets anywhere near your equipment( also must activate prepositioned color video audio cameras with night capabilites! third attach a train horn to a second set of motion detectors that goes off only when something comes within feet of the equipment.now the fun part get a male boxer train him to bark one time at your feet prior to the first set of motion detectors go off,give him a onguard command. get up grab the franchi loaded with salt shot. your boxer should go on guard he will not bark and will allow anyone to enter property but not leave.remember the audio video cameras are on so call P.D and only shoot the low life mother f--kers if you have to. either the dog gets at least one of them and the cameras the rest or they are all aprehended. in case you are forced to shoot you've got a potentially less than lethal load so it looks like you cared enough that you were not trying to kill them.any way that it pans out these scum bags will not be attempting this again. In my particular case i have also put up posted signs and replaced the salt for magnum loads. so your either leaving my property in an ambulance do to dog bite, or in a squad car cuffed, or the coroners van! doesn't matter to me i have constitutional rights and i intend on using them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake99
01-03-2010, 08:19 PM
All dat **** sounds so good. Can I watch? I have mine loaded wid 12 gauge slugs. have the ar15 with 30 rounds of hollow points. The other 2 clips are regular stuff. The 45 has extreme shok. The 300 wsm only has 4 in it and but they are in it and itchy with winchesters in the black premium box. My motions only tell me wid no lights. I have 2 databases coming online in jan. One will be like a newspaper front end with forum/blog/photogallery dedicated to just victims of missing stuff. Will operate nationally and regionally.
www.MeFindit.com and www.MeFinditnews.com jake

cmlandscapeconstruction
01-04-2010, 01:55 PM
jake thats alot of amo do you normally hit what you shoot at? just kiddin

MarcSmith
01-04-2010, 02:19 PM
I'd vote against the chains and go with a rubber coated cables...much easier to get through all the parts and less chance of it damaging your equipment. most bolt cutters wont cut steel cables as easily as they cut chain. if you go with chain stay away from round chain and go with square. again much harder for bolt cutters to cut.

Lock and chains keep honest people honest. if someone really wants your stuff they will get it... if you can I would also consider some sort of eye bolt/anchor in the the concrete drive so you can lock the entire trailer down as well...

Jake99
01-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Well dunno. Never had the pleasure of unloading on a big target like a thief. Might be chicken. Would make nice trophy. Be proud of myself for sure.

--jake

Jake99
01-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah, if they want it, they will git it. Need electronics to tell where it is so can steal it back. Really need to be able to prove it yours in court. Otherwise they keep it. How you supposed to get over that? I can't. Pissed forever.

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance
01-05-2010, 08:13 PM
On the jobsite, my uncle's security is a Smith & Wesson .357 snubby. As for leaving the equipment during the night and when he is off, the power equipment and mowers are locked in a shed and the hand tools are locked up.

anj4ever6236
01-06-2010, 12:11 AM
what do you guys do for the stuff in the garage? I got 1 toro lawnmower 1 echo blower and 1 echo weed whacker stolen about a month ago that was the only equip I had its sucks because it took me a lot of work to buy good thing they didn't take my bobcat 32" walkbehind but still sucks :( I didn't report it because I have a better chance on finding my stuff then police. Anyways any advice would be great. Thinking about putting a camera but its expensive....
Posted via Mobile Device

Jake99
01-06-2010, 06:51 AM
I bet it was someone you know and lives right there close. Cameras are not that good. It took the fbi all summer to find a face that was on file at indianna prison. You gotta be smart to stop this. What ever you do, it needs to be known only to you or it won't work. You could get a wireless motion sensor that sends you an alert into your house. Get some triggers too. Olympic arms has a hole puncher that holds 30 rounds. Order ya couple clips. Go out there with 90 rounds. It loud. Or maybe a good ole shotgun if ya neighbors real close. The AR15 is long range. Gotta pay attention wid that. Google driveway motion sensors. I got one and it lets you know that trouble is there. Xena.com has a thing with a looker and it will call you on your phone to come home and take care of business. That is the s$$$t right there. Much smarter than a camera that gets you madder. Calling the police is a good way to get madder. I wasn't smart enough to stay away from them. MeFindit.com will help ya when the real site comes online. Anything you find that is yours, you must be able to prove it is yours in a court of law if you going to mess with the police. You need to do ya homework on the front end of this problem and nobody does. Good luck getting over it. I never did. Not going too it seems.
--jake

anj4ever6236
01-06-2010, 10:25 AM
yup I'm still pissed I don't know who it was after the stuff got stolen 2 guys came to my mind both gang related so I was like ummmmm no thanks ill just leave it at that. turned my life around and I aint going back..I only have proof for the weed whacker I bought at Russo's and have the receipt the toro lawnmower I bought in a garage sale. the echo blower from my dad in law..o and apart from that they also took a chain saw that belonged to him so crapppp that cost money...i want to get the sensors but since the garage is in the alley kinda hard to decide where to put Thanks for the advise.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance
01-06-2010, 07:54 PM
yup I'm still pissed I don't know who it was after the stuff got stolen 2 guys came to my mind both gang related so I was like ummmmm no thanks ill just leave it at that. turned my life around and I aint going back..I only have proof for the weed whacker I bought at Russo's and have the receipt the toro lawnmower I bought in a garage sale. the echo blower from my dad in law..o and apart from that they also took a chain saw that belonged to him so crapppp that cost money...i want to get the sensors but since the garage is in the alley kinda hard to decide where to put Thanks for the advise.
Posted via Mobile Device

You keep that stuff in a garage when it is not in use?
Posted via Mobile Device

Jake99
01-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Its your stuff. We have the right to ownership in America. Don't let em gitit.
Do what it takes but put the brakes on it. And don't the government have ya guns either. The bad guys will never give up the shooters and I won't either. I worked for what little I have. I worked and finished paying for what has been stole. Make my dam day and come back here again to take something.!!

topsites
01-09-2010, 05:33 AM
No, there does not exist to my understanding any type of method or device that will stop theft completely.

A gun unfortunately is only as good as the person who owns it, if you're not around when the thieves
come to visit little good it will do, not to mention it's as likely to injure an innocent person.

But do yourself a favor and at least write down on your Inventory the serial number of every machine you own,
you need this Inventory for tax purposes anyhow and if anything ever gets stolen you can report it to the police.

You can also report things stolen without a serial number but your chances of recovery are slim to none.

With a serial number it helps keep Pawn shops and Repair shops on the alert,
if your stuff ever shows up it gives the Police someone to reference it back to.

Xena.com has a thing with a looker and it will call you on your phone to come home and take care of business. That is the s$$$t right there.

Looks like they're out of business, all I get from Xena.com is some pay-per-click parked domain,
unless you meant http://www.xenasecurity.com/ but I'm not really sure if that does what you speak of...

Jake99
01-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Sorry I had that wrong. I'm putting together 2 new sites like no other to help people concerning theft. It is about pictures,serial numbers, and making alerts. mefindit and mefinditnews. Solar panels are getting gone is popular now. Another big problem in America.

Grass Shark
01-14-2010, 07:30 PM
first get the equipment inside or out of sight. second high powered motion lights, these should activate long before anyone gets anywhere near your equipment( also must activate prepositioned color video audio cameras with night capabilites! third attach a train horn to a second set of motion detectors that goes off only when something comes within feet of the equipment.now the fun part get a male boxer train him to bark one time at your feet prior to the first set of motion detectors go off,give him a onguard command. get up grab the franchi loaded with salt shot. your boxer should go on guard he will not bark and will allow anyone to enter property but not leave.remember the audio video cameras are on so call P.D and only shoot the low life mother f--kers if you have to. either the dog gets at least one of them and the cameras the rest or they are all aprehended. in case you are forced to shoot you've got a potentially less than lethal load so it looks like you cared enough that you were not trying to kill them.any way that it pans out these scum bags will not be attempting this again. In my particular case i have also put up posted signs and replaced the salt for magnum loads. so your either leaving my property in an ambulance do to dog bite, or in a squad car cuffed, or the coroners van! doesn't matter to me i have constitutional rights and i intend on using them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use buck shot, if you kill the criminal in the act of crime, he no longer can sue you

LAWNRANGER1992
01-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Does anyone have any good ideas on permanently marking all your equipment in case of lost or stolen? It has to stand up to gas spills,UV,etc.

alf500series
01-23-2010, 09:39 AM
i had a nice little set back last year myself-in the tune of about 15,xxx grand worth of equipment stolen last year. so a few tips on equip. storage-

*MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS INSURED PROPERLY
*never trust anyone
*lock up everything
*mark every item you own -whether it be with a sticker in a hidden location or engraving in a hidden location
*if possible put a hidden kill switch on any drivable equipment
*make sure you have serial numbers for every piece of equipment
*invest in any type of motion alarm--a good cheap one:

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D=912249&Ntt=912249&catalogId=10051&langId=-15&storeId=10051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN=0&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber

i have one for my house and one where i keep my equipment-it works great!
other than that--good luck!