PDA

View Full Version : Frakken Thieves

YellowDogSVC
11-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Well, I was on a road repair, 5 miles out of town on a rural highway. I was off the road, behind a closed gate but some yahoos decided to try and steal my air compressor off the back of my flatbed.

I hadn't been back to my truck since noon and it was about 4:45 when I noticed the compressor partially turned over. At first, I thought I might have done it loading up my brushcat on the back of the truck but then I noticed it was backwards. Yes, the geniuses tried to lift it off the truck when they must have realized it was cable-locked. Yep, they tried to cut through the cable. Cable is ruined but it held. The central core of the cable didn't get and they left. My toolboxes had been opened but for some reason they didn't take my Ingersoll-Rand impact wrench, my socket set or other tools. I'm glad they didn't break into my truck windows. That would have sucked and I would have lost my briefcase. Bast*rds. HAD to be another contractor. Probably one with a good tan who does framing as my compressor is a framer's compressor. Got to hand it to the cable lock. Saved a nearly $800 compressor.

I feel violated but more than that, I have to worry all night that my machine is okay. I had to leave the Bobcat but I moved it about 1/4 mile up the tower road and parked it near a fence which is somewhat close to a house. I have a keyless entry so that will help. If there is one thing I HATE more than anything, it's a THIEF!

Anyone else get violated lately?

esnipe8
11-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Im glad they didnt make off with anything. I had my Mt-52 that I just had bought 4 months prior, and put a brand new motor in, stolen. Yea insurance covers it, but your right you still feel violated.

mowingsite
11-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

mowingsite
11-17-2009, 09:57 PM
sounds like you were lucky for the most part...what cable were you using? I want one:)
Posted via Mobile Device

stuvecorp
11-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Glad they didn't get away with anything, Yellowdog.

A couple weeks ago someone either real late at night or early morning wandered through the shop and garage. They left trash all over, left lights on and doors wide open. We couldn't find anything missing but it was real weird so now we are locking stuff again.

Dirtman2007
11-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah the same thing happened to my boss. His truck was robbed in daylight within his sight of the machine. He spun the machine around a noticed this toolboxes were all open. So he walked over and sure enough the transit, electric grease gun, and some other stuff had walked off. I mean really how do people sleep at night.

Glad yours was tied to the truck.

badbart
11-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Nothing is safe anymore!:mad:

bobcat_ron
11-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Some people will literally try to steal the sh*t from your own a**hole if they knew it could make them money.

ioilyouin
11-17-2009, 10:42 PM
We recently had someone inside our fence but haven't noticed anything gone. I don't expect things will get any better.

YellowDogSVC
11-17-2009, 10:50 PM
sounds like you were lucky for the most part...what cable were you using? I want one:)
Posted via Mobile Device

I will have to check. I got it at Home Depot. It may be a kryptonite.

YellowDogSVC
11-17-2009, 10:53 PM
It's real sad that the world is so full of thieves. Just watch the news, read, the papers, talk to your friends...it's everywhere. It gets worse the closer to the southern border you get. I won't work too much farther west than I already work due to the crime rate.

J. Peterson Grading
11-17-2009, 11:11 PM
My new PJ trailer got stolen from right in front of my shop about 3 months ago.

I was even working in the shop untill 11 Pm that night, then by 7am it was gone.

J.

dozerman21
11-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Glad they didn't get away with anything, Yellowdog.

A couple weeks ago someone either real late at night or early morning wandered through the shop and garage. They left trash all over, left lights on and doors wide open. We couldn't find anything missing but it was real weird so now we are locking stuff again.

You guys don't usually lock up anyway? Man, that wouldn't float here... your stuff would have been cleaned out. I'm a freak about locking up everything possible, and sometimes it still isn't enough. There's nothing worse than a coward little thief.

Glad they didn't get anything, Yellow.

stuvecorp
11-17-2009, 11:55 PM
You guys don't usually lock up anyway? Man, that wouldn't float here... your stuff would have been cleaned out. I'm a freak about locking up everything possible, and sometimes it still isn't enough. There's nothing worse than a coward little thief.

Glad they didn't get anything, Yellow.

We never locked anything and most of the time the keys are in the truck/equipment but have stopped doing that.

Fieldman12
11-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Earlier this summer my old beater car at the time (93 Chevrolet Lumina) was broken into at my girlfriends house. I did not ever think someone would even think of stealing out of that car. They broke the drivers window and removed my 3 hundred dollar GPS. Glad my duramax was not sitting in front of her house.

Gravel Rat
11-18-2009, 02:57 AM
A jobsite my brother was working on near the fraser river in New West they had a chain link fenced off area with a 20 foot shipping container for putting the tools in. The thieves cut the fence took a torch cut the can open swiped all the tools.

Junior M
11-18-2009, 06:33 AM
Dad had a generator and air compressor stolen off the back of his setting in front of Lowes one day. He also had quite a few cones and signs stolen at night, thats when he bought an enclosed trailer to keep all the tools and things in and it got brought back to the shop with everyone else..

RockSet N' Grade
11-18-2009, 07:34 AM
People are hungry, broke and becoming more and more disillusioned by the American Dream. Locking fuel caps, covered up briefcases with jackets or rags, locked tool boxes, taking things home at night inspite of the extra effort or minor cost.........the rules are changing and one of the first things to go out the window when you are broke and hungry are morals and values. Glad you were safe yellowdog...........on another note, a good dog, a c2 taser or other "tool" are good things to have. I have never locked our home or shop doors since we have been here.........all that has changed. Everything is closed up, everything is locked, everything that can be covered is.......we have even installed motion detector activated outside lights. I can't see it getting any better in the near future........

YellowDogSVC
11-18-2009, 08:27 AM
We never locked anything and most of the time the keys are in the truck/equipment but have stopped doing that.

I am usually in a skid or now the mini ex and there is just isn't enough room to keep all my sets of keys and crap. I had this weird feeling yesterday and took my wallet with me. I usually hide it somewhere because there isn't much in it. I left my keys hidden, though, and they would unlock the cable! That stuff is going with me today.

I wish I could catch someone. I only caught one guy stealing in my life. He was stealing gold chains out of the locker room in high school and a few of us linemen roughed him up a little with the coach watching our backs. Sad thing is, the kid probably went right back to stealing after his bruises healed.

ken gustafson
11-18-2009, 10:29 AM
When my trailer was stolen....and the people who track down this type stuff told me they would eventually get to it if nothing else more important came up I decided to do something about it. It was easy to come to this thought because he barely had time to take a report....told me he more important issues to go check out. That was 1999 and theft of trailers was only a 5 billion dollar problem....in 2006 the problem was only 45 billion dollars....pretty soon a new figure will be out....probably not less than 2006.
I know that I know and not think what it is like to have something removed that has taken time and sweat and money to get. It may not get any better....ever..... sorry to read these issues. Ken

whosedog
11-18-2009, 02:03 PM
This is our security system,a yugoslav sheperd dog ; very protective,ancient breed of livestock guard dog.Does not let anyone he doesn't know on our property.Also known to fight off wolves ,coyotes and bears.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/Sardog.jpg

Junior M
11-18-2009, 05:41 PM
People are hungry, broke and becoming more and more disillusioned by the American Dream. Locking fuel caps, covered up briefcases with jackets or rags, locked tool boxes, taking things home at night inspite of the extra effort or minor cost.........the rules are changing and one of the first things to go out the window when you are broke and hungry are morals and values. Glad you were safe yellowdog...........on another note, a good dog, a c2 taser or other "tool" are good things to have. I have never locked our home or shop doors since we have been here.........all that has changed. Everything is closed up, everything is locked, everything that can be covered is.......we have even installed motion detector activated outside lights. I can't see it getting any better in the near future........
A concealed weapons license is golden..

I'd love to have one, my buddy just got his for $80 and a few hours..

Here you can have a gun in the vehicle just not locked up..

esnipe8
11-18-2009, 10:33 PM
A concealed weapons license is golden..

I'd love to have one, my buddy just got his for $80 and a few hours..

Here you can have a gun in the vehicle just not locked up..

Ditto that. Well worth the $210 and a Saturday.

Jake99
11-19-2009, 01:49 PM
I Hate A Thief .com heheheehehheehe