PDA

View Full Version : Starting My Own Business

quan_dandada
11-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Hello, in 2010 i will be starting my own company in ohio. But before I spend $13,000 on this equipment how do i get new clients residential and commercial. my commercial ideas are to do small nursery homes, and fast food spots. i just need help with how to price those types of jobs. Also how do i keep my clients from goin to someone who would do a $150 job for $30. this business will be legal(insurance all the good stuff). im in college and i plan on doin this just for the weekends until it picks up.all advice is needed. THANKS..

aira$$ault
11-19-2009, 02:15 AM
Spending $13K on equipment to cut grass on weekends is a bad idea. If you want to do this on the weekends, you don't need $13k worth of equipment to start out. If you work 16 hours a week for a year, you'll still only make around $13000 gross, assuming you can work 16 hours every weekend of the year. Start with a simple setup. A 21" commercial push mower, one trimmer, one blower, and maybe a used zero turn rider or stander. You can always buy more gear if you later decide to go full time. For now, keep it below $4,000.

That's my opinion anyway.

As far as your other questions, spend some time reading and searching this forum. There's already a wealth of info here, and your specific questions have been answered 1000 times.

PS - What's a nursery home ?

MarkintheGarden
11-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Starting out I would suggest that you focus on residential.
There is a wealth of information here on lawnsite, keep reading and decide what works for you.